The New Toy Kingdom
By 05 July 2012
On Saturday 14th July, Harrods will open the doors to the new Toy Kingdom – a 26,000-square-foot multi-sensory department with an enchanted forest, intergalactic science lab, curious sweet emporium and toy ‘grand canyon’.
A dream destination for wild imaginations, it will become London’s latest hotspot for children’s toys and books.
Featuring not only a spectacular collection of must-haves and product exclusives, it will also take you on an extraordinary 4D adventure though six individual worlds:
- The Big Top: a fairground of circus acts and candy floss, with magicians and jugglers on stage surrounded by fancy dress costumes, doll houses, rocking horses and soft toys.
- The Candy Store: a curious chocolate counter displaying a bizarre array of chocolate fancies and flavours, alongside Papa Bubble who makes flavoursome candy concoctions to order throughout the day.
- The Enchanted Forest: fairies whisper from tree trunks, while wigwams on the forest floor house the latest collections from Sylvanian Families and Flutter Fairies, alongside arts and crafts.
- Wonderland: a colourful ‘Grand Canyon’ of Harrods’ most exclusive and jaw-dropping toys (presided over by a giant dragon) is filled with Hornby train sets, remote-controlled helicopters and Scalextric.
- The Odyssey: a gigantic space rocket crashes through the floor and a huge sun bursts through the wall in front of an Area 51-inspired space and gadget zone, complete with alien space pods and limited-edition pieces.
- The Reading Room: choose from favourite children’s stories at the rotunda of books, climb into one of the special cubby holes to hear famous voices reading extracts, have fun with electronic gaming pods and explore the world of Harry Potter.
Imagery by Shed Design