- Previous Previous Tried And Tested: SK-II Aura Bright Facial
- Next Next Must-Try Products For Problem Skin
Holiday Make-Up From SENSAI
You may have nailed your day-to-day make-up routine. However, summer holidays call for a few extra requirements from your make-up bag. Heavy foundations and non-waterproof mascaras will not bode well in heat and humidity. Step forward SENSAI cosmetics. With their cutting-edge, silk-enriched formulas, they are certain to revolutionise your holiday look...
1. The Base: "Holiday make-up has to start with suncare," advises Lily Chai, Business Manager for SENSAI at Harrods. "SENSAI suncare is very moisturising. Some people don't like to take too many products on holiday so it can be used as a moisturiser as well." The Silky Bronze Cellular Protective Cream for Face SPF30 acts as the perfect make-up base.
2: The Face: SENSAI’s water-resistant Silky Bronze Sun Protective Compact bridges the gap between foundation and powder. “It’s great if you want a nice colour and coverage while on holiday without looking too made-up,” notes Lily. Apply dry for a smooth and powdery look, or with a damp sponge for a fuller, matte finish.
To save on space, opt for SENSAI’s Designing Duo Bronzing Powder. Graduating in colour, it acts as both a bronzer and highlighter. “It offers bronzing but with added shimmer, making it very nice for wear in the evening,” Lily explains. “Wear on top of the Silky Bronze Sun Protective Compact, using it along the cheek, brow and even the décolleté.”
3. The Eyes: No holiday make-up bag is complete without SENSAI’s waterproof 38°C Mascara, lauded by the likes of make-up artist Mary Greenwell: “The SENSAI 38°C Mascara is amazing,” she tells us. “I adore the way it dries so quickly and builds up really easily for fantastically thick and long lashes. The tubular formula makes it completely smudge-proof, and it seems to last so much longer than other mascaras.”
“It is a thermo-sensitive mascara,” adds Lily. “The only way it can come off is with warm water, above 38°C, so you don’t even need to bring eye-make-up remover.”
4. The Lips: “When you have a tan, opt for nude and bronze-based colours,” advises Lily. Try The Lipstick in No.11. For a more subtle look, blend a lip liner into SENSAI’s Silky Bronze Cellular Protective Stick SPF30. “Great as additional moisture and protection for the lips,” she adds.
5. The Hair: Finally, the hair. “We mustn’t neglect the hair. The SENSAI Intense Hair Mask is perfect for someone who wants to protect their hair in the sun and achieve a wet look,” says Lily. Simply slather and go.
Shop the SENSAI make-up range below.
Make your summer beautiful with our Summer Beauty SOS guide.