- Credit: Roberto Cavalli Spring/Summer 2014. Image courtesy of Catwalking.
Top Tips From Skincare Brand, Elizabeth Arden
Day-to-day life in the city can leave your skin feeling and looking lacklustre and sallow, so a Skin Illuminating Brightening Facial, courtesy of Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door Experience, is just the thing to give your complexion a little TLC.
Sarah Burns, Elizabeth Arden’s Therapist Coordinator for London, reveals her top tips on the essentials of skincare.
1. If you suffer from small bumps on your complexion, you may well be using a cream which is too heavy for your skin type, Sarah explains. This can be particularly common for those with more oily/combination skin, in which case you may be better suited to using a lotion formulation rather than a cream.
2. It’s a popular misconception that you don’t need to wear SPF on your skin everyday, but it’s actually really important that you do, advises Sarah. The sun’s rays will even peek out from behind clouds so it is essential to apply an SPF-based product on your skin everyday, whatever the weather.
3. Cleansing, toning and moisturising are not just tasks for the morning. To get the best results from your skincare routine, you need to cleanse, tone and moisturise day and night to remove dirt, make-up and any build up from the day.
4. Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream is an “ambulance in a bottle”, explains Sarah. It can be used on rashes, dry skin, post-wax application and so much more. This is your handbag essential.
5. Most importantly, it’s vital to listen to your skin. If you tend to try out and use too many different products, observe and think about your skin’s needs. If you get a bad reaction from a product, stop using it and start using something else. The skin takes about two weeks to start taking to a product, so in this time, you’ll be able to tell if it’s affecting your skin in the way that you want it to.
Shop Elizabeth Arden’s Skin Illuminating range below.
Do you suffer from spots and blemishes? Check out our Must-Try Products For Problem Skin.