Wedding Beauty Timeline
You’ve got the dress, booked the venue and sent out invites, now it’s time to consider your beauty regime. Whether you’re planning a cathedral ceremony or a small gathering on a far flung beach, most women have a common wish when it comes to bridal beauty – to be the happiest, healthiest and most beautiful version of themselves when walking down the aisle.
Luckily Harrods is on hand with some of the most luxurious products on the market, as well as treatments from in-house spa and salon Urban Retreat on our Fifth Floor. Read on to discover your wedding beauty countdown and make sure you look your best on the big day.
• Supplements. Give your hair, skin and nails a boost and start taking a daily vitamin supplement. We like 111SKIN Radiant Skin Beauty Dose and Lazartigue Revitalising Hair Vitamins.
• Diet. Don’t be tempted to crash diet. Now’s the perfect time to clean up your act by eliminating processed foods in favour leafy greens and vitamin rich fruit.
• Exercise. Ensure lithe toned limbs by introducing exercise into your lifestyle. Yoga and Pilates are both ideal for strengthening muscles and improving posture.
• Hair. If you are planning a dramatic change in hair colour or length, go and experiment at the salon well in advance – there’s still enough time to correct it if you change your mind.
• Hair treatment. Introduce a deep conditioning mask into your pampering regime to hydrate and nourish your locks – your hair will be gleaming with health after weekly applications of Philip Kingsley Elasticiser.
• Semi-Permanent Make-Up. Cosmetic tattooing is a brilliant solution for those bothered by sparse brows. Urban Retreat’s talented technicians can subtly fill in patchy eyebrows for a natural, undetectable finish and results will last well beyond your honeymoon for up to 3 years.
• Facial Treatments. Whether opting for a series of facials at Urban Retreat, or bringing the luxury home with one of Rodial’s lifting masks, now is the time to begin boosting radiance to ensure your wedding make-up is complemented by a glowing complexion.
• Body Exfoliator. Don’t underestimate the power of a humble body scrub. Use an exfoliator like Lancer The Method Body Polish 2-3 times weekly to ensure your skin looks luminous on the big day (especially important for those who have a strapless or backless dress).
• Hair and make-up trial. The six week mark is the perfect time for the all-important trial run. Book into Urban Retreat for your personal one-to-one hair and make-up consultation and make sure to bring any inspiration images, as well as a picture of the dress and any accessories/headpieces. You can then book your chosen stylist and make-up artist to recreate the look on your wedding morning.
• Hen do. Calling all beauty buff brides – if a little spa indulgence is at the top of your hen do wish list, make sure you send your Maid of Honour hints about Urban Retreat’s Moroccan Hammam. Book in for a signature 50 minute treatment, or make an afternoon of it with the Half Day Moroccan Hammam Experience which includes a treatment, blow-dry, manicure, pedicure, make-up application, champagne and lunch or afternoon tea.
• Hair colour and trim. Take care of any split ends with a final trim. Two weeks ahead is also a good point to re-colour your hair, allowing it plenty of time to settle before your wedding day.
• Brow threading. Re-shaping your brows can help frame the face and eyes to enhance your features. Entrust the task to The Eye Zone at Urban Retreat where a team of experts use the latest techniques to create beautiful eyebrows.
• Lash extensions. Forgo the need for mascara and avoid the risk of tear-smudges at the alter by indulging in a set of Flutter Lashes. These extensions are carefully applied lash by lash to add length and volume with a natural finish – they’ll also ensure you look your best on make-up free honeymoon beach days.
• Tan. Whether you want a deep tan or a light golden glow, Urban Retreat’s Sienna X spray tan is suitable for all skin tones and will ensure even, streak-free coverage that won’t transfer onto your dress – if you’re a tanning newbie it may be worth doing a trial run (perhaps for the hen do?) so you’re sure on your shade.
• Manicure and pedicure. All eyes will be on your left hand so make sure you’re nails are filed and painted. We love The Everlasting Manicure at Urban Retreat’s nail loft which will last up to 2 weeks. If you’d rather DIY, look to the Deborah Lippmann Whisper Collection which includes soft hued shades.
• Beauty Sleep! Perfectly prepped and primed for the day ahead, the only task left on your list is to drink plenty of water and get a good night’s sleep.
Shop our wedding beauty essentials below.
View the full treatment menu at Urban Retreat here.
Need a new scent for the big day? Look to botanic notes for inspiration.