- Previous Previous Paris Fashion Week AW14: The Round-Up
- Next Next London Fashion Week AW14: The Round-Up
- Credit: MaxMara. Image courtesy of Catwalking
- Credit: From left: Fendi, MaxMara, Just Cavalli. Images courtesy of Catwalking
- Credit: From left: Moschino, Prada, Emilio Pucci. Images courtesy of Catwalking
- Credit: From left: Emporio Armani, Versace, Roberto Cavalli. Images courtesy of Catwalking
Milan Fashion Week AW14: The Round-Up
Milan Fashion Week saw in the Autumn Winter 2014 season with quintessential glamour and flair. From Roberto Cavalli's flame fountain runway to the oh-so energetic Moschino show, we give you the style run-down on the trends to know for the season ahead.
At Fendi capes made their comeback alongside smocked coats and hoods courtesy of Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini, while at MaxMara, the outerwear stole the show, with tweed cocoon coats in earth tones of moss, bark and heather topping metallic blouses and slim pencil skirts panelled in herringbone and gold lamé.
Meanwhile, Prada took inspiration from German director Rainer Werner Fassbinder, sending mannish coats and oversized grey fur jackets that were worn over light, sheer dresses teamed with wedge sandals or T-bar pumps sailing down the runway. And chic tailoring and understated elegance was the order of the day for Emporio Armani, with rich velvets scattered with pearls and sequins adorning eveningwear.
Notice-me styles came courtesy of Just Cavalli with gold foil trousers, thigh-high boots and lashings of fringing, while not to be outdone in the vibrant stakes came Moschino, delivering unique McDonalds-inspired sweater dresses and SpongeBob Square Pants separates.
And when it came to true style showmanship, Roberto Cavalli set fashion temperatures soaring when the fountain in the centre of the show-tent burst into flames and he delivered embellished dresses, plunging minis and vast swathes of fur down the runway.
Don't miss all the key looks from the top designers in our AW14 Show reports.