Harrods Presents Happy New You 2016
To kick off 2016, Harrods will be launching Happy New You – a series of exciting in-store events and activities all celebrating health, happiness and holistic wellbeing, to help you start the year with healthy resolutions.
Health Coach and author of heathy-eating book Get The Glow, Madeleine Shaw takes up her position as our new Chef Of The Season, developing a range of nutritious foodie treats created to detox, revive and recharge, available to buy exclusively in the Harrods Food Halls. With recipes taken from her upcoming Glow Guides apps, the range includes light lunch options, dinner dishes and healthy desserts, and will be available from Monday 4th January 2016 through to the end of February 2016. Madeleine will also be doing a live demonstration in the Harrods Cook Shop on the Second Floor on Saturday 6th February 2016 to help customers discover practical and delicious ways to eat clean.
“The thing about quick fixes and fad diets is that they seem great when you start, but in the end they never pan out. Everyone wants to take the quicker and easier route, but improving your health for the long term takes time.” - Madeleine Shaw.
To help de-stress and be more mindful for the year ahead, The School Of Life takes residency at Harrods with a pop-up space in the Home department on the Second Floor, sharing their philosophical approach to daily life through ideas that will exercise, stimulate and expand the mind. An organisation that seeks to increase emotional intelligence through culture and philosophy, The School Of Life was founded by modern philosopher Alain de Botton and encourages people to take a step back and think about central emotional concerns.
A range of stationery and books will be available to buy from the pop-up shop, and The School Of Life will also be offering four classes throughout January on a range of topics to help customers get geared up for a focussed, more mindful and creative 2016.
“One of the most valuable lessons The School Of Life has taught me is to be OK with ‘not knowing’. I’ve learned that embracing uncertainty, change and failure is an essential part of living a good life.” - Morgwn Rimel, Director of The School of Life.
There is no booking necessary - the classes are open to everyone and completely free:
Indian Ocean, Third Floor, Harrods (7-8pm)
- Thursday 7th January 2016 – The Priorities Booster – Discover 100 things you never knew about yourself
- Thursday 14th January 2016 – The Creativity Booster – How to think more creatively in your life
- Thursdsy 21st January 2016 – The Career Booster – Improvise your way to the top in 2016
- Thursday 28th January 2016 – The Lifestyle Booster – Thrive in the City in 2016
To motivate and raise fitness levels for the year ahead, Equinox Fitness Clubs will be doing taster exercise classes and demonstrations in January in the Sport Fashion space on the Fifth Floor.
- Saturday 23rd January 2016, 3pm - 5pm: demos of boxing, yoga and barre
- Saturday 30th January 2016, 3pm – 5pm: demos of boxing, yoga and barre
Our key Tech, Beauty, Sports Fashion, Pharmacy and Food and Drink brands will also be doing a host of tastings, demonstrations, activities and offers during January. More details to follow.
As part of Happy New You, all customers are invited to use the #TryJanuary hashtag to share the new things they’ve taken up or tried to improve their wellbeing.
Time To Win!
Enter our competition to win* a shopping trip with health and fitness blogger, Madeleine Shaw, and a £500 Harrods Gift Card. The prize includes:
- A pre-consultation over tea on how to "get the glow" at The Conservatory in The Georgian.
- A shopping trip with Madeleine Shaw at Harrods in the Food Halls, Cookshop and Sports Fashion departments.
- A £500 Harrods Gift Card to spend.
- A signed copy of Get The Glow by Madeleine Shaw.
Download the Harrods App and enter your details in the February issue on the competition page.
*Terms and conditions apply.