5 Things: Cocktail Hour
Mad Men is back on our screens for Season 7 and if there’s anything that makes us want to stage an at-home cocktail hour, it’s Don Draper mixing Old-Fashioned cocktails after a long day at the office.
As staying in has rapidly become the new going out, a fully-stocked bar cart is now a must for a successful night of home entertaining. Shop our edit below to recreate the perfect Mad Men-inspired cocktail hour.
1. Canadian Club – Don Draper’s whisky of choice: combine with a sugar cube, orange peel, Angostura bitters and a cherry for his signature Old-Fashioned cocktail.
2. William Yeoward glassware – beautifully-made glassware is designed to enhance the drinking experience. Choose a tumbler shape for spirits on the rocks, while drinks served without ice benefit from a long stem style that stops the drink getting warm in your hands.
3. Stolichnaya – the cool, crisp purity of this Russian vodka provides the perfect base for Betty Draper’s signature Vodka Gimlet.
4. Cuprinox champagne bowl – Mauviel’s copper ice bucket doubles up as a chic serving dish for primetime popcorn and snacks.
5. Cire Trudon candle – set the tone for a decadent night in with the sensual aroma of Spiritus Sancti, a smoky scent laced with incense and Lily of the Valley.