- Credit: Getty
- Credit: Getty
6 Style Notes From The CFDA Fashion Awards 2014
The best and the brightest were out in force for the hot ticket of the season, the CFDA Fashion Awards 2014. Honouring the style pack with highly-coveted award kudos, the winners from the night included Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row who scooped Accessory Designer of the Year while Joseph Altuzarra of Altuzarra landed the Womenswear Designer of the Year crown, revealed an edgier side of style entering the fashion hall of fame.
And the red carpet runway didn't disappoint when it came to A-list dress-up. From '60s mod stylings to all-out glamazon, scroll through our gallery above and see below for 6 style notes from the night...
1. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in The Row: Take the edge off all-black ensembles with lashings of jewels. Accessory queens both on and off stage, the Olsens colour-coordinated their looks with flashes of emerald green gems.
2. Blake Lively in Michael Kors: Team a '60s modette look with go-go hair. Bigger was better for Blake in the 'do department as she styled her sequined floral Michael Kors Resort 2015 shift with a silk headband, bouncy waves and sparkling diamond hoops. We love that the pop of matte pink on her lips matched her petal suede pumps too.
3. Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior: Work texture with neutral shades. The muted ice-white hue took the saccharine edge off this sweet Couture lace peplum confection, while a pop of sherbet lemon was delivered expertly with pointy-toe Dior pumps. Nude make-up and glossed lips kept the focus firmly on the fashion.
4. Solange Knowles in Calvin Klein Collection: Pair metallics with matte lip colour. Stepping straight out of The Supremes, the singer gave a nod to vintage glamour with her molten metallic floor-sweeping gown, adding a matte pink lip for a more directional edge.
5. Heidi Klum in Donna Karan: Do brights to show off your glowing skin. Looking every inch the glamazon, the model worked reams of cascading coral layers in a halter style to show off her divine summer-glowing skin.
6. Dree Hemingway in Diane von Furstenberg: Dare to work clashing prints this season. The model actress paired her print-panelled DvF dress with a hit of leopard from her neat clutch, upping the octane with a glossed up-do and tangy orange lip.