- Previous Previous Men In Style: Jared Leto Versus Andrew Garfield
- Next Next Men’s Holiday Edit: Outdoor Adventure
Men’s Holiday Edit: City Break
If your summer break is taking you to the city, impeccable style should be at the top of your holiday checklist. For an insouciant dose of laid-back style, we recommend trialling this season’s Riviera Chic trend, an easy-to-wear collection of lightweight cotton blazers, chino shorts, tan accessories and, of course, the ubiquitous Breton stripe that works from the streets of Paris to the sidewalks of New York.
For the ultimate capsule wardrobe, here are our multi-tasking favourites:
1. The Breton stripe – the mainstay of Riviera style, this chic, nautical touch is always in favour.
2. The lightweight jacket – a cotton blazer in light colours will take your T-shirt and shorts through to evening, won’t take up too much space in your suitcase and is even light enough to wear as an extra layer on the plane if you’ve only planned for hand luggage.
3. The classic accessories – choose travel bags and sunglasses in classic tan and tortoiseshell for endless versatility and solid fashion credentials.
4. The vintage swim shorts – Orlebar Brown’s signature printed swim shorts are cut with a vintage-inspired silhouette that will look sharp by the pool.
5. The boat shoes – even when you’re pounding the pavement, this classic shoe holds its own in the style stakes. Choose a sporty style for added comfort and a relaxed finish.
Scroll down to shop our city break buys below.