- Previous Previous Star Style At The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party
- Next Next Steal Grace Kelly’s Style
Staying In: England v Italy
Whether you’re a big fan or not, World Cup 2014 has kicked off and the England team are gearing up for their Saturday match against Italy. Why not skip the pub and stay at home in favour of a stylish night in with a range of delicious nibbles from both countries?
Playing for Italy
1. Make Italian wine the hero of your gathering and choose a light white to suit the warmer weather.
2. Whip up a quick pasta dish to keep guests happy with a luxurious pesto Genovese.
3. Quality olive oil is an instant crowd-pleaser served with breadsticks or quick tomato bruschetta.
On the English side
1. Gin and tonic is a British classic that will get guests in the mood for victory.
2. Keep hunger pangs at bay with a tin of traditional shortbread biscuits dunked in tea.
3. England may not be famed for its haute cuisine, but we challenge you to find someone who doesn’t appreciate a Victoria sponge with lashings of strawberry jam.
Make sure you don't miss out on the foodie event of the month: The Hot Ticket: Taste of London 2014
Scroll down to shop our World Cup-inspired goodies.