Harrods Store Policy
Harrods has been at the pinnacle of luxury retail for over 160 years. We take great pride in opening our doors to customers from around the world, and want every customer and employee to have an exceptional experience.
1. We want Harrods to be a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure our customers’ safety, bags, luggage and parcels are not allowed in-store. We provide a Left Luggage service at Door 2a on the Ground Floor.
- For the comfort of our customers, the smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes and other products that produce vapour or smoke is not permitted.
- CCTV is used throughout the store. We comply with all local laws in relation to our use of CCTV.
- For your safety, please refrain from running.
- In the interest of security, customers may be subject to search upon entering or leaving the store.
- Certain items are not permitted in-store. These include:
- Wheeled devices, except those that help customers with mobility issues.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances.
- Helmets and masks (unless required for medical or religious reasons).
- To ensure our customers’ safety, animals are not allowed in-store, with the exception of Assistance Dogs and Guide Dogs certified by an organisation that is a full member of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) or International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF).
- Harrods reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who breaches store policy.
2. We want every customer to feel welcome and enjoy their visit to Harrods.
- Please show courtesy to fellow customers and staff by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behaviour.
- Proper attire, including tops and shirts, must be worn at all times. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone wearing attire that we consider inappropriate. Visible tattoos and clothing that contain objectionable language or designs are not permitted.
3. We want to provide a pleasant and luxurious shopping experience.
- Children must be supervised. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors are welcome to take photographs at Harrods, to remember their visit. However, for security purposes, there are some departments in which photography is not permitted, such as The Fine Jewellery Room. Please ask a member of staff if you are unsure about photographing an area of the store. Requests for business-related photography should be directed to the Corporate Affairs office.
If you have questions regarding store policy, please contact our Customer Loyalty team on 0333 300 1234 (+44 (0) 20 3626 7111 for international customers), email email@example.com or speak to an information officer in-store. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
What are the Knightsbridge store opening hours?
|Monday to Saturday||10am - 9pm|
|Sunday||11:30am* - 6pm|
*browsing only between 11:30am and 12:00 noon.
What are the restaurants' opening hours?
Our in-store restaurants have varying opening hours. To view restaurant information, please go to our Restaurants page.
What are the airport opening hours?
Our stores in London Heathrow and Gatwick airport terminals have varying opening hours:
|Terminal 2:||5:30am - 10pm|
|Terminal 2 Fine Watches Room:||5:30am - 10pm|
|Terminal 2 Michael Kors:||5:30am - 10pm|
|Terminal 3:||6am - 10pm|
|Terminal 4:||6am - 10pm|
|Terminal 5 Main store:||5:30am - 10pm|
|Terminal 5 Cartier Boutique:||5:30am - 10pm|
|Terminal 5 Mont Blanc Boutique:||5:30am-10pm|
|Terminal 5 Satellite store:||8am - 9pm|
|North Terminal:||4am - 9:30pm|
|South Terminal:||4am - 10pm|
Where is Harrods located?
87 – 135 Brompton Road
Is Harrods located in the Congestion Charge zone?
Harrods does not fall into the London Congestion Charge zone.
How do I get to Harrods?
The nearest Tube station to Harrods is Knightsbridge, which is on the Piccadilly line. Use the Brompton Road exit for Harrods.
Harrods is served by the following London bus routes: 9, 10, 14, 19, 22, 52, 74, 137, 414, 452, C1.
Please check the Transport for London website for further travel information.
Where is the Harrods Valet Car Park located?
We offer a valet-operated car park in Brompton Place, a two-minute walk from the store.
Enter the postal code SW3 1QE into your device as this will take you directly to the car park.
What are the Harrods Valet Car Park opening hours?
|Monday to Saturday:||7:30am – 9:30pm|
|Sunday:||10:30am – 6:30pm|
How much does it cost to park in the Harrods Valet Car Park?
Is there disabled parking?
Kensington and Chelsea Council provide parking spaces for disabled permit-holders in Basil Street, to the rear of the store. To find Basil Street using your device, please enter the postal code SW3 1BA.
What are the visitor guidelines?
We kindly ask you to carry small rucksacks in your hand, refrain from eating or drinking in the store and accompany all children under the age of 15. This is for the comfort of all of our customers and to prevent damage to displays.
Does Harrods have a dress code?
When visiting Harrods, please refrain from wearing clothing that reveals intimate parts of the body, or that portrays offensive pictures or writing. We also request that helmets are removed before entering the store.
Can I take photos in Harrods?
Photography is permitted in all areas of the store with the exception of the Fine Jewellery department and the Safe Deposit. You may also be asked by our Security Personnel not to take photographs.
All business-related requests for photography in Harrods should be directed to the Corporate Affairs press office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the guidelines for group visits?
All large parties are required to split into groups of no more than four persons and must be accompanied by a group leader.
On arrival, the group leader should please report to Door 5, which is situated in Hans Crescent, to inform the security officer and provide emergency contact details.
Are large baggage items and rucksacks allowed in Harrods?
Large baggage and rucksacks must be left at our Left Luggage service.
Harrods provides a Left Luggage facility for suitcases, bags on wheels, scooters, oversized bags or rucksacks. The Left Luggage facility is located at Door 2A to the rear of Harrods on Basil Street.
The service is £25 per item, or complimentary to Green Tier 1, or higher, Harrods Rewards members. For each £25 paid per item, you will receive a £25 voucher that can be redeemed against a single transaction of £50 or more in-store that day.
What is Harrods store returns policy?
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for details of our returns policy.
Tax Free Shopping
How can I claim back tax on my purchases?
Please visit the Tax Free Bureau on the Second Floor in-store where a member of our team will be happy to help you and issue your VAT form.
You will need to bring the receipts of your purchases and a form of identification such as your passport, driving license or ID card.
How much tax can I reclaim?
The VAT rate in the UK is 20% (16.67% of the purchase price). Your refund amount is the VAT with an administration fee deducted.
How do I receive my tax refund?
There are different ways that you can receive your refund depending on the amount of VAT that you are reclaiming.
Refunds under £2,958.30
If your net refund amount is less than £2,958.30, you can receive an immediate cash refund in the store from the Money Exchange on the Second Floor. In order to do this, you will need to:
- return your VAT form, certified by Customs, to our tax free services partner Global Blue within 21 days of the form being issued; and
- provide your credit card details in your name as a guarantee that the form will be returned to Global Blue.
If the form is not returned within this period, a charge of the refund amount, plus a fee of 15% of your refund, will be applied to your card.
An additional £3.50 handling fee will be deducted from your cash refund if this service is selected.
Refunds over £2,958.30
If your net refund amount is more than £2,958.30 you can receive the refund through:
- an immediate cash refund or refund to your payment card at Heathrow and Gatwick airports (the payment card refund will be processed within 5 days);
- a refund to a credit card or Ali pay account if you are leaving from any other EU airport (the refund will be processed within 3 to 4 weeks); or
- a refund by bank cheque to a chosen address (once Global Blue has received your VAT form by post, the refund will be made. This can take between 3 to 4 weeks).
You must show your purchases, receipts and passport to Customs officials and have your VAT form(s) stamped. The stamped VAT form(s) must then be sent back to Global Blue in the pre-paid envelope provided by Harrods.
Where can I buy a Harrods Gift Card?
Gift Cards can be purchased in-store at any till point. For amounts over £1,000, please visit our Customer Loyalty team on the Second or Third Floor.
Business-related requests for Gift Cards should be made to Corporate Services at email@example.com.
When do Gift Cards expire?
Harrods Gift Cards will expire after 24 consecutive months of non-use. After this date you can obtain a replacement card for the remaining value by visiting our Customer Loyalty team in-store.
Where can I spend a Harrods Gift Card?
Harrods Gift Cards can be spent in our Knightsbridge store and online. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed at any Harrods airport locations.
What if I lose my Gift Card?
Please contact our Customer Loyalty team or visit our Customer Loyalty team in-store.
How can I check my Gift Card balance?
Please visit the Gift Card Balance page to check your balance. You will need to enter the 16-digit number located on the reverse of your card.
What disabled facilities are available at Harrods?
Harrods is easily accessible to wheelchair users via any of the front doors along Brompton Road or at Door 3, located at the rear of the store in Basil Street. Alternatively, Door 5 on Hans Crescent is also a convenient entry point and there are lifts for access to the upper floors nearby.
The ground level is flat and security personnel are situated at all doors who will be pleased to assist with entry.
We provide the facility to pre-book the use of a manual wheelchair; please phone +44 (0)20 7730 1234 and we will arrange this for you.
When is the next Harrods Sale?
Details about the next Harrods Sale are yet to be announced.
Other Harrods Outlets
Does Harrods have outlets in any other locations?
There are Harrods shops at the following airports:
- UK – Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2,3,4 & 5) and Gatwick Airport (North & South Terminals)
- Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport (Terminal 1 Airside)
- Qatar – Hamad International Airport Doha (Airside)
There are also Harrods outlets in the following international locations:
- Kuala Lumpur - Down-Town Shop, Restaurant, & Harrods Café at KLCC (Petronas Towers)
- Singapore - Takashimaya Department Store
- Japan - various Mitsukoshi stores
- Taiwan - various Shinkong Mitsukoshi stores
- Thailand - Harrods Signature Shop & Tea Room – Siam Paragon and Central Embassy, and Harrods Signature Shop & Café – Emquartier and Mercury Ville
- Australia – various David Jones stores
- Cruise liners - Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth, P&O cruise ships Britannia, Ventura, Azura & Arcadia
The Wellness Clinic
Where in-store is the Clinic located?
The Wellness Clinic is located on the Fourth Floor, adjacent to Fashion Lab; easiest access is via Door 3.
What are the opening hours?
|Monday to Saturday:||10am - 9pm|
|Sunday:||11:30am* - 6pm|
*browsing only between 11:30am and 12 noon.
How do I book?
All treatments at the Wellness Clinic at Harrods (except cryotherapy) are subject to a consultation, which will be carried out by trained Wellness Clinic staff. All consultations are dependent on availability, and we encourage all clients to schedule in advance to avoid disappointment. Alternatively, contact +44 (0)20 7225 5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bookings including consultations are subject to a % deposit payment at the time of making the reservation, if you are making a booking with a gift voucher please quote the voucher number. Your appointment confirmation and any additional information that is required prior to your visit will be sent via email, therefore we kindly ask that you provide an up-to-date and correct email at the time of booking in order for us to confirm your service.
What services do you offer?
Harrods hosts full-time services by the PHI Clinic, dietician Louise Parker, a chiropractic clinic, as well as personal training services and full-body cryotherapy from 111Cryo. As well as full-time practitioners, Harrods will also host a series of guest experts throughout the year; this ensures that Harrods clients will always have access to the industry’s leading practitioners, as well as the most innovative and exciting new services and procedures.
We are also pleased to be able to offer Gen Identity DNA testing to clients. This aesthetic procedure will allow clinicians to develop bespoke skincare regimes for clients based on their unique DNA composition.
If a bespoke programme or service is provided, The Wellness Clinic reserves the right to require payment in full prior to commencement. These are non-refundable (irrespective of any cancellation-notice received) and cannot be used as payment against any other service in The Wellness Clinic. All Louise Parker services are considered to be bespoke services.
If you are new to the spa please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. This will give you plenty of time to check in, use the restroom, and fill out the compulsory new Client Questionnaire and enjoy light refreshments at reception. Arriving late will take time out of your appointment minutes as each session will be finished exactly on time as a courtesy to the next client.
Client Questionnaire & Health Conditions
All new clients will be requested to complete a Client Questionnaire form before our practitioners can perform any treatments on you. Failure to do so will result in us refusing to perform your treatments. Please advise us of any health conditions, allergies, or injuries which could affect your service when completing this form. It is your responsibility to let us know of any changes in your circumstances before your treatment goes ahead. We also reserve the right to ask you to complete the Client Questionnaire every six months so that we can update our records.
Age Restriction & Children
Please note that all guests visiting and having treatments in The Wellness Clinic must be aged 18 or over. For health and safety reasons and in order to maintain a peaceful, relaxing environment for all of our clients we kindly ask that children are not brought into the spa.
The Wellness Clinic reserves the right to change the date of or cancel your booking if its premises are closed due to the circumstances beyond its control, including, but not limited to fire, disputes with employees, by order of any public authority or any other force majeure event.
Treatments & personal training appointments that are missed or not rescheduled within 24 hours of the appointment time will result in your deposit becoming non-refundable. Deposits are fully refundable if cancellation takes place more than 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
Harrods HQ Building Development
Harrods is seeking to develop its offices at 68-72 Hammersmith Road, known as Harrods HQ.
Harrods HQ is the administrative heart of the world-famous Harrods brand and helps support our operations across the company and our Knightsbridge home. We have been based in Hammersmith since 2011 and we see ourselves as part of the local community.
International award-winning architects, Make, have been appointed to design a highly-conscientious and sustainable extension to our offices that takes account of our neighbours, as well as meeting the needs of our expanding Harrods team.
Our proposals seek to retain, and extend Harrods HQ, delivering increased high-quality office space alongside improvements to current site access and servicing arrangements. The increase in office space would allow Harrods to remain at this site and continue to contribute to the local economy.
Local residents and businesses were invited to a public consultation event at the Hilton Olympia Hotel on Thursday 22nd June 2017 from 2pm - 8pm. We are currently recording the feedback received ahead of submitting our planning application to Hammersmith and Fulham Council later this summer.
The project team can also be contacted via the details below:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7871 3565