Who Are We?
Our Privacy Promise
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Any of your personal details will only be used by Harrods and our carefully selected third party partners to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to you, and to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us.
As is the case with many large and high profile organisations, communications by telephone may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring our customer service standards, training and for security purposes.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Harrods Limited is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details (including your credit/debit card information) for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogues, to ensure that content from our website and our catalogues are presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Comply with our legal requirements (For example we are obliged to pass your details to the TV Licensing Authority when you purchase a television).
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
With a view to understanding our customer's needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
If you have indicated that you would like us to, we may also pass your information onto other companies in the Harrods Group, or carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How We Collect Your Information?
We may collect and process your information as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or when telephoning us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Harrods or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Keeping In Touch With Harrods And Your Rights
At Harrods we want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site. If you decide you do not wish to be contacted by us, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you, by writing to the Customer Loyalty Department, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Loyalty, Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL or by emailing us on email@example.com and informing us so.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please call our Customer Loyalty team who will be more than happy to help you. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. Our site uses software to provide high level encryption technology. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where you have chosen to create a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Security and Privacy are welcomed and should be addressed to Customer Loyalty Department, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Loyalty, Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wellness Clinic is a world-first collaboration between Harrods and leading experts in the fields of holistic wellbeing and aesthetic medicine. Harrods will deliver this experience to its clients whilst maintaining the highest standards of privacy.
How Does Harrods Use The Wellness Clinic Client Data?
Harrods Ltd uses personal information such as your name and contact details for the following reasons:
- To contact you about your booking;
- To contact you with any pre-treatment information or aftercare information; and where you have consented
- To contact you with exciting information about the latest Harrods products, events and services
- In an emergency, Harrods will contact the person you provide as an emergency contact
How Will The Practitioners Within The Wellness Clinic Use Client Data?
Harrods will only share your personal data with the practitioner that you have booked to receive treatment from. Full details of how your practitioner will use your personal data can be found within your Registration Form, which you will complete at your first visit to The Wellness Clinic.
Generally, The Wellness Clinic practitioners will use your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ensure that you are in a fit state of health to receive your chosen treatment or service
- To craft a bespoke treatment for you
- To contact you about your treatment; and where photographs or video footage is taken
- To demonstrate the success of a treatment or programme plan
Access within this system is restricted so that only Harrods and your chosen treatment provider will be able to see your personal data. Should you choose to visit another treatment provider, your data will not be shared with any additional treatment providers unless you give explicit consent.
In some instances it may be necessary for your practitioner to send your personal data outside of The Wellness Clinic, this is the case in instances where your treatment involves a DNA analysis. Where this is the case, Harrods will take steps to ensure that instead of your name, an anonymous or pseudo-anonymous marker is used such as a unique ID.
Photographs Or Videos Taken Within The Wellness Clinic
Harrods is proud to also offer clients the opportunity to experience a 3D image camera. The 3D camera will give you the opportunity to see the effects of The Wellness Clinic treatment/s that you have received in high definition 3D imagery. It is entirely your own decision as to whether you wish to experience the 3D Camera.
For some of the treatments offered within The Wellness Clinic, before and after photographs are mandatory. This is to demonstrate evidence of an effective treatment in case you later decide to contest the success of any treatment you receive. If photographs are mandatory, your treatment provider will make this clear prior to any photographs being taken.
Unless you give your explicit consent for other uses, all photographs taken of you within The Wellness Clinic will only be used to demonstrate the effect of your treatment.
Louise Parker offers clients the opportunity to see and evaluate their own performance during a workout by recording client workouts. Clients can access their own videos from home to help with improving their technique. This is completely optional dependent on your preferences.
The Wellness Clinic Security