Nothing could be simpler than this delicate, double-citrus posset flavoured with fresh lemons and blood oranges. Topped with a honey-lemon syrup and crunchy chopped pistachios, and served in elegant, one-person portions, it makes the prettiest table spread…
For the posset:
1 sheet of gelatine
15ml lemon juice
70ml orange juice
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange or blood orange
250ml double cream
60g caster sugar
For the honey-lemon syrup:
1 lemon, peeled and sliced thinly
3 tbsp heather or pine honey
Half an orange or blood orange, peeled and diced
Lemon zest (optional)
1 tsp pistachios, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl, soak the sheet of gelatine in the fruit juices for 5 minutes.
2. Combine the zest, cream and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Add the fruit juice and gelatine to the warm cream and mix lightly, making sure the gelatine has dissolved completely. Sieve the mixture into a jug, then pour into four shot glasses or ramekins (100ml-120ml capacity). Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
4. To prepare the syrup, combine the lemon slices and honey in a small bowl and leave to infuse for 6 hours overnight.
5. Once the posset is set, top with the diced orange and chopped pistachios. Spoon a tablespoon of the honey-lemon syrup over the top and serve immediately.
Find more recipes in the Harrods Magazine app.