Duck and fruity granadilla make a perfectly matched pair. An ideal entertaining dish, it looks elegant plated with the black fruit seeds and emerald greens.
4 duck breasts
2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for seasoning
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pulp of 6 granadillas
Juice of 1 orange
1 star anise (optional)
1 tsp honey
500g in-season leafy green (chard, spring greens, cabbage, spinach or kale), with thick stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
1. Marinate duck breasts in soy sauce for a minimum of 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4.
2. Remove the duck from the marinade, then score the skin with a knife. Place the duck skin side down in a cold frying pan, then place over a medium heat and fry for 6-8 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then finish cooking the duck in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Remove the pan and cover with foil for 10 minutes.
3. Fry the garlic until soft. Add the granadilla pulp, orange juice, star anise (if using) and honey. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Pass the sauce through a metal sieve, then pick out some of the black seeds and add back for decoration.
4. Before serving, take leafy greens and plunge into a pan of into boiling water. Leave in pan until just wilted. Drain and return to pan, adding olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Slice each duck breast at an angle and serve with the greens, drizzled with some of the sauce.
Find more recipes in the Harrods Magazine app.