Update your cooking repertoire with this mouth-watering recipe featuring fresh salmon marinated by Harrods chefs, and available from our famous Food Halls. Perfect for Boxing Day – this easy recipe is guaranteed to please family and friends.
200g potato, mashed
100g white crabmeat
1 lemon, zested and juiced
50g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
100g panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
4 sweet-chilli-marinated salmon fillets, available in-store in Meat, Fish & Poultry, Ground Floor
2 red apples
2 bulbs of fennel
Dill, to garnish
1. Combine the mashed potato, crabmeat and lemon zest in a bowl and season. Divide the mixture into four, shape into cylinders and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium-sized saucepan on a medium heat – you need just enough oil to cover the croquettes. Take the frozen cylinders and coat with seasoned flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs. Cook in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan, place on kitchen paper and sprinkle with a little salt. Place in the oven on a low heat to keep warm.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the salmon and fry skin-side down for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
4. While the fish is cooking, finely slice the apple and fennel – using a mandolin if you prefer – and place in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl and season.
5. Plate up the salmon, add a croquette and salad, garnish with dill and serve immediately.
Find more recipes in the Harrods Magazine app.