For a sweet treat make our rich brandy truffles. Using every shade of chocolate, they would make an ideal gift for even the most experienced chocolate lovers.
Makes Around 25 Truffles
100ml double cream
1 tbsp brandy, such as Armagnac
1 vanilla pod
Zest of 1 lemon
100g milk chocolate, finely chopped
600g white chocolate
25g dark chocolate
1. Line a baking sheet or board with baking paper.
3. Bring the cream mixture to the boil, then remove from the heat. Add the milk chocolate to a bowl, pour in the cream mixture and stir until smooth. Chill for around 4 hours, until firm.
4. Use a teaspoon and your hands to form the mixture into balls. Put on a baking sheet and chill.
5. Temper the white chocolate by putting 250g of it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn't touch the water. Put a chocolate thermometer in the side and do not allow it to go over 45°-50°C. Take the bowl off the bain-marie and stir in another 50g of white chocolate. Set aside until the temperature of the chocolate drops to 26°-27°C.
6. Dip each ball into the white chocolate and put on the baking parchment. Leave to set.
7. Temper the remaining white chocolate, as above, and coat the balls a second time.
8. Melt 20g of the dark chocolate in a bowl resting over a pan of just-simmering water. Stir in the remaining 5g. Drizzle over the balls, then leave to set until firm, and serve.
Find more recipes in the Harrods Magazine app.