This Privacy Notice relates to uses of your personal information by Harrods Limited, Harrods Beauty Limited (trading as H Beauty) and Harrods International Limited. The Harrods Group also includes Harrods Estates Limited, Harrods Aviation Limited and Air Harrods Limited and Harrods Department Store (Shanghai) Co. Limited . Please visit the Harrods Estates and Harrods Aviation and Air Harrods websites for details of their separate Privacy Policies.
It is important to us that you are informed of how we use your personal information and the steps we take to protect it. Whilst we encourage you to read the full Privacy Notice, we have provided you with what we believe to be the most important parts of our Privacy Notice below:
1. Our primary use of your personal information is to allow us to provide you with goods and services. We also use your personal information to meet our legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests. Often these business interests also benefit you.
2. Most of the brands that sell products or services in our store or via our website are not owned by Harrods. As such, we are not responsible for uses of your personal information by other brands. When you provide your personal information in store or online, be sure to read the data collection form carefully to understand who you are sharing your information with.
3. Our website, Harrods.com and all personal information provided via Harrods.com is managed by our website provider, Farfetch Platform Solutions Limited.
4. We do not sell customer information and do not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of marketing their goods and services to you without your consent.
5. We will retain your personal information for 4 years after your last interaction with us, unless required by law, or where we believe that it is in your interests for us to keep it for longer. We consider an interaction to be a purchase in store or online, attending an event or interacting with one of our digital marketing communications.
6. If you have agreed for us to send you e-mail marketing, sponsored posts over social media and/or to identify similar potential customers, we share your phone number and email address with Meta, Google, Pinterest and YouTube. You can opt-out of this at any time by contacting Customer Service using the details below.
7. To help us understand which marketing platforms we should invest in, we have identified a legitimate business interest to share your email address and phone number with Google, Meta and Pinterest to determine which social media platform is the most popular with our customers. Google, Meta and Pinterest will delete your personal data no longer than seven days after it has been shared. You can opt-out of this at any time by contacting Customer Service using the details below
8. It is within our legitimate interests to ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate. We instruct Experian to check your personal information against national databases, publicly available records and Royal Mail redirection instructions to ensure that we have the most up to date contact details for you.
9. We invest heavily in Cyber Security to provide you with the best available protection for your personal information.
10. If you have an online account, you can manage your marketing preferences within your preference centre. To manage anything else regarding your personal information, please contact [email protected].
11. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the data protection officer: [email protected]
For a full explanation of how we collect, use and protect your personal information please navigate to the most appropriate section below.