Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of the Harrods Rewards Programme
Set out below are the terms and conditions of the Harrods Rewards Programme promoted and operated by Harrods Limited ("Harrods").
1. Harrods Rewards (the "Programme") is a loyalty scheme operated by Harrods under which cardholders ("Members") accumulate points ("Harrods Rewards Points") in respect of Harrods qualifying purchases made using their Harrods Rewards card ("Rewards Card"). Harrods Rewards Points will be credited to the Member’s Rewards account (“Rewards Account”). These terms and conditions govern the collection and use of Harrods Rewards Points, until such time as the Programme is determined, and set out the terms of the contract between Harrods and each Member. Members must be aged 18 years or over and have a valid email address. Harrods may refuse a Programme application for any reason.
2. Members may accumulate Harrods Rewards Points on their Rewards Account on Harrods qualifying purchases as follows:
(a) one point for every £1 spent up to £4,999 in each calendar year;
(b) two points for every £1 spent between £5,000 and £9,999 in each calendar year; and
(c) three points for every £1 spent from £10,000 upwards in each calendar year, subject to certain exclusions and qualifications.
Members will accumulate one point for every £1 spent on purchases made in the By Appointment and Beyond department, regardless of Member spend and tier level. Any increased points per £1 spent will take effect on the day after the purchase which takes a Member's expenditure into a higher threshold is made and the increased points will not apply retrospectively to the element of the previous day's purchases which are within that higher threshold. To earn Harrods Rewards Points in relation to purchases made, Members must present the Rewards card at the time of payment. Harrods may offer bonus Harrods Rewards Points to Members in certain circumstances at its absolute discretion and any such bonus Harrods Rewards Points may be withdrawn by Harrods at any time.
3. Harrods qualifying purchases are all purchases made (using any form of tender) in the Harrods Knightsbridge Store, Harrods UK airport shops, from Harrods catalogues and online from harrods.com, except for the following: gift vouchers, gift cards, travellers cheques, prescription medicines, watch repairs, all flight, hotel and ancillary travel bookings (except packaged holidays), tobacco, delivery charges, gratuities, spend on banqueting facilities, all transactions in the Theatre Bureau, Gold Bullion and Safe Deposit departments, and at Harrods Estates, Harrods Aviation and Air Harrods. Harrods may amend or add to these exclusions at any time in its discretion. For up-to-date exclusions, Members should contact the Customer Loyalty team on +44 (0)33 3300 1234.
4. The following terms shall apply to the accumulation of Harrods Rewards Points:
(a) under the Programme, Members will, in February of each year (subject to special arrangements made with Black tier Members), have the cash equivalent of the Harrods Rewards points earned during the previous calendar year (1st January to 31st December) credited onto their Rewards Account, with a value corresponding to £5 for each 500 Harrods Rewards points (the "Cash Reward"). The Cash Reward value will be reflected in February of each year in the current cash balance, which is the cash value available on your Rewards card ready to spend in-store (the "Current Cash Balance") through the Rewards card. Black tier Members can convert their Harrods Rewards points into Cash Rewards at any time by contacting the Customer Loyalty team on +44 (0)33 3300 1234 or online by logging onto harrods.com/rewards (Members must allow 24 hours for such conversion). Any unconverted Harrods Rewards points remaining at the end of the previous calendar year for Black tier Members shall be converted into a Cash Reward in accordance with the conversion processes applying to all Members;
(b) any remaining Harrods Rewards Points which have not been converted into a Cash Reward will be carried forward to the following February;
(c) if a Member is given a refund or other financial adjustment on any transaction in Harrods, the Harrods Rewards Points awarded on the transaction will be adjusted accordingly; and(d) requests to earn Harrods Rewards Points on transactions where the Rewards card has not been presented at the time of purchase must be made on the same day as the transaction in order to earn Harrods Rewards Points.
5. The following terms shall apply to the redemption of a Cash Reward:
(a) the Cash Reward may be redeemed in full or part payment on purchases in the Harrods Knightsbridge Store (except for gift card purchases and subject from time to time to certain excluded departments);
(b) Cash Rewards cannot be redeemed via mail order, online at harrods.com, or at Harrods UK airport shops;
(c) subject to any special arrangements made with members from time to time, the Cash Reward will be valid only until 31st May in the year in which it is issued following which any remaining cash balance will expire;
(d) unused and/or expired Cash Rewards will not be re-issued or re-converted to Harrods Rewards Points;
(e) Cash Rewards may not be exchanged for cash;
(f) any refund of an item purchased using a Cash Reward will be made by crediting the applicable amount of Cash Reward to the Member's Current Cash Balance. Subject to any special arrangements made with members from time to time, Cash Rewards will not be refunded after 31st May in each year; and
(g) Members who are entitled to redeem Harrods Rewards Points at any time must provide Harrods with at least 24 hours prior notice in advance of the proposed date of redemption.
6. Members will also receive in-store benefits ("Benefits") commensurate with their level of spend in a calendar year (1st January to 31st December), as follows:
(a) Green 1 Tier (£500 to £1,999);
(b) Green 2 Tier (£2,000 to £4,999);
(c) Gold Tier (£5,000 to £9,999); and
(d) Black Tier (£10,000 and over).
Benefits are subjected to certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions. Any further terms and conditions relating to the benefits will made available to Members from time to time in further correspondence, at harrods.com/rewards and/or in the Harrods Knightsbridge Store. Members who are entitled to select personal 10% discount days, must provide Harrods with at least 24 hours prior notice of their selected discount days.
7. Harrods will provide regular account statements to active Members showing the Harrods Rewards Points balance. Members may also check their Harrods Rewards Points balance by contacting the Customer Loyalty team on +44 (0)33 3300 1234 or online by logging onto harrods.com/rewards.
8. Harrods has the right to withdraw, cancel or change the terms of the Programme at any time. Harrods will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage. For up-to-date terms and conditions, Members should refer to harrods.com/rewards. A Member will be deemed to have accepted any changes or variations by his/her continued use of a Rewards card.
9. Harrods may at any time and in its absolute discretion refuse or revoke any Member's membership of the Programme in which case that Member's Harrods Rewards Points will be forfeited and any unused Current Cash Balance may be cancelled.
10. Harrods will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the termination of, or changes to, the Programme or from the cancellation or revocation of Harrods Rewards Points and/or membership of any Member.
11. Members are personally liable for any and all fees, costs, charges, claims or liabilities (including taxes) of whatever nature arising from their membership of the Programme.
12. Members shall notify the Customer Loyalty team of any change of address or other personal details and of any damage, theft or loss of a Member's Rewards card. Harrods will not be responsible for any loss of offers or benefits resulting from details being out of date or inaccurate.
13. Harrods shall not be liable for any damage, theft, loss or unauthorised use of any Member's Rewards card; Cash Reward and/or Current Cash Balance and Members are strongly advised to keep their Rewards cards safe and secure.
14. Harrods Limited is the data controller of any personal information it collects about Members in relation to the Rewards Programme. Any personal information collected from Members will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, other applicable laws and these terms and conditions.
15. By participating in the Programme, a Member consents to Harrods collecting and storing any information provided by the Member to Harrods on enrolment in the Programme and information relating to the Member's transactions, purchases and participation in the Programme. This will include personal data about the Member including the Member's name, address and purchases from Harrods. Harrods will only share a Member's personal information with carefully selected third party partners to assist with the operation of the Programme (including the provision of Member Benefits).
16. Harrods will use a Member's personal information for the purposes of:
(a) administering the Programme (including the provision of Member Benefits);
(b) market research and statistical analysis;
(c) offering the Member products and services that are likely to be of interest including special events, offers, promotions, publications and catalogues by post, email, mobile/landline phone and/or through any social network if the Member has provided such details and consent to Harrods.
17. A Member can opt-out of receiving information from Harrods at any time by following the instructions in the electronic communications, via the Member's online account at www.harrods.com, or by contacting the Customer Loyalty Team either by mail at Harrods Rewards Services, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone on (0)33 3300 1234 (UK) or +44 (0)20 3626 7911 (international).
18. A Member can choose to leave the Programme at any time by contacting the Customer Loyalty Team, or by opting out of receiving marketing information from Harrods (as detailed above.
19. If there is any difference between the terms and conditions as set out on harrods.com/rewards and other information provided in relation to the Programme, the terms and conditions online will prevail.
20. The above terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights that a Member may have.
21. The above terms and conditions are governed by English law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
22. The promoter of the Programme and owner of each Rewards card is Harrods Limited of 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL (Registered in England with Registered No. 30209).