Terms & Conditions
Welcome to harrods.com
By accessing this website you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website. The www.harrods.com website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
References in these Terms and Conditions to "we", "us" and "Harrods" are to Harrods Limited (company number 30209), registered office 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL.
- 1. Online Shopping
1.1 Every care has been taken to ensure that the photographic representation, description and specification of each product is accurate. However, while the reproduction of colours is a close representation, a slight variation in the actual goods may occur. We are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise. Before you place an order you should read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about your order.
1.2 By submitting an order to us through our website, you represent and warrant that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct, and that when your order is accepted and processed by us, payment will be made in full. By placing an order you confirm that you are the person referred to in the Billing details.
1.3 Visitors under the age of 18 should not register with this website or submit any information to us.
1.4 Visitors to the site buying alcohol and/or knives must be over the age of 18.
- 2. Acceptance of your Order
2.1 You can place an order in one of two ways, either online or over the telephone through our Orderline.
2.2 Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being out of stock - see Product Availability
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions
2.3.1 Shortly after you have placed an order with us by pressing the 'Place Order Button', an email will be sent to you acknowledging the exact details of your order. This email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Harrods. Should you not receive an acknowledgment within 5 business days, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234(UK only) or +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm (closed Saturday and Sunday).
2.3.2 Acceptance of an order placed by you online and the completion of the contract between you and Harrods will take place when your order is dispatched, unless you have cancelled the order in accordance with the Order Cancellation instructions set out below.
2.4 Over the Telephone
2.4.1 A member of our Customer Care Team will be delighted to help you place an order over the telephone, advise you on the range of merchandise we offer on our website and help you with queries about payment.
2.4.2 Our Harrods Direct Customer Care team are available Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm (closed Saturday and Sunday). Please call 0845 605 1234 (UK only / local rate number for BT users only. As mobile and other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details) or +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK).
2.4.3 Where you place an order over the telephone, you will be given a customer reference number as an acknowledgement of your order. Your order is not accepted at this stage. We accept your order for an item ordered over the telephone at the point of your order being dispatched, unless you have cancelled the order in accordance with the order cancellation instructions set out below.
2.4.4 Telephone calls may be be recorded for security and service monitoring purposes.
2.5 When an order is placed, we request pre-authorisation for the value of the order from your bank/card issuer to ensure that the funds are available. However, this remains simply a pre-authorisation request until the order is shipped, at which point we actually take payment.
We have found that some card companies show the initial request and the later charge as two separate entries, please be assured that we only charge your card once and that any 'second' charge is only temporary and will shortly disappear.
If you have any further queries, please contact your bank/card issuer.
- 3. Order Cancellation
3.1 If you wish to cancel your order placed online or over the telephone, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team by:
- Calling 0845 605 1234(UK only / local rate number for BT users only. As mobile and other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details) or on +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK). Lines are open Monday to Saturday 8.00am - 6.00pm (closed Saturday and Sunday).
- Forwarding your acknowledgement email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intention to cancel the order.
- Or writing to:
Harrods Direct Customer Care
Admail 1234 (Freepost)
London SW1A 2XX
- Alternatively, you may cancel your order by returning the goods along with the completed Returns Form within 14 days of receipt.
3.2 It may not always be possible to stop an order from being dispatched, as we endeavour to process orders immediately. If your order has already been dispatched please return the order following the instructions contained within the parcel. Please note that your right to return goods does not apply to certain products. Further details are set out in our Returns Policy at section 4.
3.3 In order to change the details of your order, you must notify us within 30 minutes of your order being placed. Please have the order number to hand. After this time we are unable to amend your order as we endeavour to process orders immediately therefore we would request that you return the goods once they have been delivered - please see section 4 for our returns procedure.
If you would like to cancel or amend your order or have any further questions about our cancellations policy, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234 (UK only) or on +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK).
- 4. Returns
4.1 Returns Policy
4.1.1 The Returns Policy is for goods purchased on the website or over the telephone or by fax or post.
4.1.2 Unwanted goods may be returned for a refund. Please return them in their original condition, unused (with their original packaging), with all labels and garment tags still attached within 14 days of receipt of your goods using the Returns Form provided.
The following items may not be returned:
- personalised items or goods which have been made to a customer's specification;
- perishable goods, including food and certain hampers;
- for reasons of hygiene we do not accept the return of:
- any beauty product or fragrance
- ladies' and men's briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms, unless the protective adhesive strip is still in place or the item is unsoiled and in a saleable condition
- hosiery, unless unopened and in its original packaging
- Unfortunately, due to hygiene reasons, earrings cannot be exchanged or refunded unless faulty.
- mattresses, divans (where they come as part of a set with a mattress), duvets, mattress toppers/protectors or pillows
4.1.3 Please ensure you return the goods to us in their original packaging. Although your statutory rights as a consumer will not be affected, the goods are second hand without the packaging and we may not therefore be able to exchange them voluntarily. You can take the goods out of the packaging to try them out, but don't throw it away and please return it with your goods. For computer and electronic products, the original manufacturers' packaging is part of the goods, so please retain it for at least 28 days in case you wish to return them for any reason.
4.1.4 Refunds will be made for the original purchase amount against the original form of tender. Free returns are available where deliveries have been made to the UK Mainland and a Standard, Next Day or Saturday delivery service was selected. Please note that in all other cases postage or other return costs will be the customer's responsibility except in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods.
4.1.5 When returning goods on which you have received a discount or special offer, that discount/offer will no longer apply if you fall below the discount/offer threshold and the refund will be adjusted accordingly. Additionally any free promotional gift issued with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods.
4.1.6 None of the above terms affect your statutory rights or your rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations when goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied. In the unlikely event of this being the case please return the goods to us.
4.2 Returns Procedure
4.2.1 Harrods offers free returns on all UK Mainland Standard or Next Day or Saturday deliveries. This excludes International Delivery, deliveries which incur a special delivery charge, deliveries from third party suppliers, large and bulky goods and furniture.
4.2.2 To return unsuitable purchase(s) free of charge, apply the enclosed free returns label to your parcel and post the package at your Post Office. We strongly recommend that you retain your receipt from the Post Office until you have received credit for your return. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of returned goods.
4.2.3 All returns should be sent to;
Harrods Direct Customer Returns
Off Lancelot Place
London SW7 1DT
If you would like to discuss the return of any item, or have any further questions about our returns policy please contact a member of our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234 (UK only) or on +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK).
4.3 Large or bulky goods and furniture
If you wish to return goods that have been delivered to you at a pre-arranged delivery time, for example large or bulky goods or furniture, please contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234 to arrange collection or replacement. Harrods reserves the right to make a charge of up to £300 to cover the collection cost, which will be deducted from the amount to be refunded. You will be notified of this amount at the time of cancellation.
- 5. Payment Methods
5.1 We only accept payment for orders in £ sterling.
5.2 We accept payment by American Express, JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit and Harrods Gift Cards.
5.3 If you choose to pay for an item using a payment card with a foreign currency denominated account, the account will still be taken in £ sterling at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing your order.
5.5 Unless we are fraudulent or negligent we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to the personal and transactional information you provide us when placing an order.
5.6 Please note that Harrods does not accept cash or cheques as payment online or over the telephone.
5.7 When an order is placed, we request pre-authorisation for the value of the order from your bank/card issuer to ensure that the funds are available. However, this remains simply a pre-authorisation request until the order is shipped, at which point we actually take payment.
We have found that some card companies show the initial request and the later charge as two separate entries, please be assured that we only charge your card once and that any 'second' charge is only temporary and will shortly disappear.
If you have any further queries, please contact your bank/card issuer.
- 6. Pricing Policy
6.1 All prices shown on the website are in £ sterling and are inclusive of VAT, where applicable. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
6.2 UK VAT will be automatically deducted (where applicable) from merchandise dispatched to non-EU countries. The deduction will be made before payment is collected. For Hampers and Gift Boxes please refer to section 9.
6.3 Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we may treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
6.4 Harrods endeavours to ensure that all merchandise offered on the website is available at the same price in the Knightsbridge Store. However, from time to time (particularly during Harrods Sale and promotional periods) we may offer additional discounts for purchases online from www.harrods.com that do not apply in the Knightsbridge Store or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on this site may not be offered as part of a set within the store and individual prices may apply.
6.5 Our Knightsbridge Store may also run additional discount promotions for purchases made by any of our accepted payment methods, including during the Christmas and Sale periods. Please be advised that this may not apply to purchases made through our website or over the telephone. Please see in-store for details.
- 7. Product Availability / Information
We feature products on our website that have been carefully selected for Online Shopping. Once an item is sold out it, will be taken off the website at the earliest opportunity and may not be available again. Prices of products may change from time to time. If items that you order are out of stock, subject to a delay or the price is higher than that shown on your order, we will try to contact you at the email address or telephone number you provided when placing your order. If we cannot contact you or receive no response to an email we send to you, we will cancel the part of your order that is unavailable or incorrectly priced, and will continue to process the remaining items on your order (where applicable). All items are subject to availability. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, it is necessary to substitute an item, the item will be of equal or greater value than that which it replaces and substitutions will only be made with your prior consent. If a replacement item is of greater value you will be liable to pay for the difference in values.
- 8. Delivery Information
Please note that the below delivery information applies only to orders placed online through harrods.com or telephone orders made through Harrods Customer Care Centre. Alternative delivery charges apply to orders placed directly through Harrods Knightsbridge Store.8.1 Delivery Timing 8.1.1 Please note Harrods cannot guarantee specific delivery dates and therefore, subject to specific delivery times for Hampers and Gift Boxes as detailed in section 9, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery within UK and 12 working days for Channel Islands and International delivery unless alternative dates are stated in the product description. This is subject to goods being in stock and payment authorisation. We are unable to guarantee delivery earlier than this time frame. 8.1.2 Please note that individual items and Hampers/Gift Boxes will be dispatched separately. 8.2 UK Delivery The following delivery charges apply to UK addresses: 8.2.1 Standard Delivery (3 - 5 working days) £5.95 per order Standard delivery is available within the UK excluding orders for large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation. 8.2.2 Next Day Delivery (Next working day) £12 per order: THIS OPTION IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FRIDAY 21ST JUNE. Next day delivery is available within the UK excluding orders for large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. - Orders placed before 1pm will be delivered the next working day (Monday to Friday) - Orders placed after 1pm will be dispatched the next working day - All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation For a list of the postcodes exempt from Next Day delivery, please click here. 8.2.3 Saturday Delivery (Saturday only) £15.95 per order Saturday delivery is available within the UK, excluding large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. - Orders placed on a Monday to Friday before 1pm will be delivered on Saturday - Orders placed after 1pm on a Friday will be dispatched the Saturday of the following week - All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation -Deliveries are available to UK Zone 1 For full information on postcode zones, please contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234. 8.2.4 Hampers and Gift Boxes For UK delivery of Hampers and Gift Boxes please see section 9 below. 8.2.5 Large/Bulky Goods/Special Order/Furniture Large and bulky goods are subject to additional carriage charges and delivery times will vary. Certain Harrods products are dispatched direct from third party suppliers* (* see clause 8.2.6 for delivery of Osim products). Individual delivery rates and delivery lead times are included in the product information for each individual item or contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0845 605 1234 (UK only) for further information. Items that have a special delivery charge, including glassware, electronics, furniture, mirrors, lighting and large and bulky goods are available for delivery to UK mainland only. This excludes Scottish Highlands, certain British islands and selected postcodes throughout the UK, unless otherwise stated.
Zone Area Price Zone 1 Within M25 £90.00 Zone 2 Home Counties £125.00 Zone 3 including Manchester and Leeds £195.00 Zone 4 Northern England, Borders and Scotland £250.00
- 9. Hampers and Gift Boxes
- 9.1 Delivery Information 9.1.1 The delivery options for all Hampers and Gift Boxes (excluding perishable Hampers) are as follows: - Standard Mainland UK Delivery £5.95 per order - Next Day Mainland UK Delivery £12.00 per order* - Saturday Mainland UK Delivery £15.95 per order (Saturday only on orders placed before Friday 1pm)
*Orders placed before 1pm will be delivered the next working day (Monday to Friday). Orders placed after 1pm will be dispatched the next working day. All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation.9.1.2 Postcodes excluded from next day delivery
Area PostCodes Scotland AB30-39 AB41-45 AB51-56,63 DD8-10 DG1-14,16 FK1-17,21 KA26-28 KW1-17 PA20-38 PA40-49 PA60-78 PH1-26 PH30-44 PH49-50 TD11,13,14 HS1-9 IV1-28 IV30-32,36 IV40-49 IV51-56 ZE1-3 England EX16-23 EX31-39 PL11-19 PL22-35 SY7-9, 11-12 SY15 TD12,15 TR1,2 TR10-20, 26, 27 Northern Ireland BT1-58 BT60-82 BT92-94,99 Wales LD1-8 LL15-49 LL51-78 SY10,16-25 Isle of Man IM1-9,99 Isle of Scilly TR21-25 Isle of Wight PO30-41
- 10. General Conditions for Harrods Gift Cards
10.1 The conditions of use as set out below, the Terms and Conditions above and any condition on the reverse of the Harrods Gift Card itself shall apply for the Harrods Gift Card. Please read these conditions of use in full before buying / redeeming the Harrods Gift Card.
10.2 About Harrods Gift Cards
Harrods Gift Cards look like credit cards but act like Gift Vouchers and are available for purchase online any denomination up to £500. Restrictions are in place for the volume of Gift Cards available for purchase online - these will change from time to time.
10.3.1 Price of the Gift Card is exclusive of VAT and it will be treated as another form of tender towards future purchases.
10.3.2 All Harrods Gift Cards ordered from this website or by telephone must be paid for in £ sterling using the permitted methods detailed in section 5 (Payment Methods). Please also consider our Pricing Policy at section 6.
10.4 Redeeming Harrods Gift Cards
10.4.1 The Harrods Gift Card is redeemable in full or part payment for goods/ services sold in Harrods Knightsbridge store and online.
10.4.2 Harrods Gift Cards cannot be redeemed via telephone/mail order.
10.4.3 The balance on a Harrods Gift Card may be used until either the balance is fully depleted or the Harrods Gift Card expires (which ever occurs sooner).
10.4.4 To redeem your Gift Card online, you will need to enter your Gift Card number (on reverse of card) and pin code (in scratch-off panel on reverse of card).
If there is an insufficient balance on the Gift Card to cover the order total, you may pay the remainder using a credit/debit card or further Gift Cards. Up to 5 Gift Cards may be used in one order.
Please note that the total balance of a Gift Card will be used before a second payment method is requested in a single order.
10.4.5 Harrods Gift Cards will expire after 24 consecutive months of non-Use. ("Use" for the purposes of this terms includes making a balance enquiry.) After this date you can obtain a replacement card for the remaining value by visiting our Knightsbridge store and returning the old Harrods Gift Card.
10.4.6 You may check the expiry date of your Harrods Gift Card at Harrods Knightsbridge store or by calling 020 7893 8795.
10.4.7 A maximum card balance of £10,000 applies to all Harrods Gift Cards.
10.4.8 Amex customers must call their bank to notify them before ordering should the delivery address be different from their card billing address.
10.4.9 Harrods Gift Cards will be dispatched separately from other items on your order.
10.5 How To Check The Balance
10.5.1 When using the Harrods Gift Card, the balance will be displayed on the bottom of your till receipt.
10.5.2 You may also check the balance of a Harrods Gift Card at Harrods Knightsbridge store or by calling 0870 730 4438. You can also check the balance of a Gift Card online by clicking here.
10.6 Lost Or Stolen Cards
Harrods is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Harrods Gift Cards, once issued. The Harrods Gift Card cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
10.7.1 Gift Cards are non-refundable.
10.7.2 You cannot transfer the balance of a Harrods Gift Card onto another Harrods Gift Card.
10.7.3 Any refund of an item purchased using a Harrods Gift Card in-store will be made in accordance with Harrods Store Policy.
10.7.4 Items purchased online using a Harrods Gift Card will be refunded in accordance with our standard Returns policy (please see section 4). Any monies which are due to be refunded will be issued onto a new Harrods Gift Card. Remaining balances on a Harrods Gift Card may not be transferred to a cash equivalent.
10.8 These conditions of use may be altered from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. The current conditions of use will be available at all times at our Knightsbridge store.
10.9 Gift Card orders made online need to be placed before the close of business on Thursday 20th December to achieve UK delivery before Christmas.
Please see the last order dates below for delivery outside of the UK:
Wednesday 5th December 2012 – Asia, Australia, Far East including Japan, New Zealand.
Friday 7th December 2012 –Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East, South America.
Monday 10th December 2012 – Canada, Eastern Europe, USA.
Wednesday 12th December 2012 – Western Europe.
- 11. Harrods Rewards
11.1 If you are a Harrods Rewards loyalty scheme member, you may accumulate Harrods Rewards Points on your Rewards Card on qualifying online purchases. Exceptions include purchases of Harrods Gift Cards.
11.2 Harrods Rewards Points and Loyalty Gifts cannot be redeemed online.
11.3 For further information relating to Harrods Rewards visit the Harrods Knightsbridge Store or call our Harrods Rewards Managers on +44 20 7893 8408 or visit www.harrods.com/rewards.
- 12. The Website
12.1 We may change the Harrods website and correct or update information (including product information) on it or change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
12.2 Except in relation to the description of products and services available for order from our website, we do not guarantee and are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided on the website.
12.3 You may access and use the website for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided you retain all copyright and proprietary notices, you may:
12.3.1 retrieve and display the content of the website on a screen;
12.3.2 print copies of the content for your own personal use; and
12.3.3 store the content in electronic form (except that you may not store it on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
12.4 You may not use this website or its contents:
12.4.1 for commercial purposes;
12.4.2 for resale purposes including the systematic extraction and/or re-utilisation of any part of the contents of this website (eg. item listings, descriptions, prices);
12.4.3 to download (other than page caching) or modify the website, or any portion of it;
12.4.4 to interfere with or disrupt any network or website connected to this website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
12.4.5 to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the website by any other person;
12.4.6 for any purpose which is unlawful.
12.5 In addition you may not, in relation to this website, use any:
12.5.1 data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
12.5.2 framing techniques to enclose the trade marks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the website;
12.5.3 meta tags or any other "hidden text" which uses our name or trade marks.
12.6 Using this website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trade marks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it.
12.7 We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The website is provided "as is". Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk.
12.8 You must not transmit through or to our website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful or pornographic material or material which may infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) or which does not comply with all relevant laws.
12.9 This website and its content including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations and software used in connection with this website, is our property or that of our suppliers and is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
12.10 This website may include links to third party web sites ("Third Party Site(s)") from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of such Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services available from such Third Party Sites. You should check the privacy statements and terms and conditions of use of Third Party Sites accessible from this website.
- 13. Liability and Indemnity
13.1 We do not exclude or limit our liability or the liability of any other person for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our or their negligence. Except as set out above and in relation to our contractual obligations to supply goods and/or services following acceptance of orders placed on our website, neither we nor any of our agents, affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use or misuse of the website or customer services. We shall not be liable for any indirect, or consequential loss of whatever nature, including damage to software or hardware, loss of data, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or customer services (including without limitation, any such loss arising out of or in connection with any order placed on the website or through the Orderline, whether or not accepted by us).
13.2 You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
13.3 We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
- 14. Privacy and Communications
14.2 To fulfil our obligations to you under these Terms and Conditions, we communicate with you by email and by posting notices on the website. You agree to receive communications from us electronically in this way and that electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications to be in writing.
- 15. Jurisdiction
The website and telephone Orderline are controlled and operated in the UK. These Terms and Conditions and all matters connected with any order you place on our website or over the telephone are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to all matters connected with or arising out of the website or your use of customer services or any order you place on the website or through the Orderline.
- 16. General
16.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these terms and conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
16.2 We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
16.3 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
- 17. Customer Support
Please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team in the event of any queries:
0845 605 1234* (UK only) or +44 20 8479 5100 (outside UK)
Fax: +44 20 8479 5225
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm.
*Local rate number for BT users only. As mobile and other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details.
- 18. WEEE Guidelines
Recycling household electrical equipment - customer statement.
With effect from July 2007, the UK's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations require that all producers of electrical equipment are now obliged to pay for recycling of household electrical goods, where previously this bill was met by councils or items were not recycled at all. These regulations also require that all retailers both actively assist in delivering a UK wide WEEE collection infrastructure and encourage the participation of consumers in recycling electronic equipment.
So that you can get your waste electrical goods recycled, we have contributed towards a national fund to assist local councils to further develop their existing waste electronics collection facilities, which will in turn allow producers of this equipment to meet their obligations.
Not all council sites are suitable to collect all types of waste electrical goods but to find out your nearest participating site (including other collection facilities that may not be operated by the council) and for advice on all aspects of recycling at home, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk. Don't forget to have your postcode ready to use in the "recycling facilities" locator.
Electronic waste is one of the fastest growing waste streams and much of it can be recycled and resources recovered to make new consumer goods. To remind consumers of the collection methods available which in turn allow recycling to take place, all electrical items sold now carry the "crossed out wheeled bin" symbol. To ensure your waste electronics don't contribute to damaging the environment, please use www.recycle-more.co.uk and recycle today.
Compliance with the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations
In order to partially meet our obligations as a distributor as defined in the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (SI 2006 No. 3289 - 11 December 2006) (referred to hereafter as "the WEEE Regulations"), we have opted to become a full member of the Distributor Take back Scheme (DTS). Membership of the DTS is defined in regulation 35 of the WEEE Regulations and delivers exemption from the requirements of regulation 31 (to "ensure that WEEE from private households can be returned to him free of charge and on a one-to-one basis") and regulation 34(1) (maintenance of records).
As a member of the DTS, we have made a financial contribution toward the development of the network of Designated Collection Facilities (DCFs) instead of offering instore take back of WEEE. This financial contribution is described in paragraphs 83 to 88 of the UK WEEE guidance, and has been used to improve the WEEE collection facilities located at Local Authority Civic Amenity sites. In addition, through our support of the national recycling website, recycle-more.co.uk, we will also meet our obligations under regulation 33 to make information available to users of EEE in private households on -
the requirement on each Member State under Article 2 of the Directive to minimise the disposal of WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to achieve a high level of collection of WEEE for treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal;
the collection and take back systems available to them;
their role in contributing to the reuse, recycling and other forms of recovery of WEEE under these Regulations;
the potential effects on the environment and human health as a result of the presence of hazardous substances in EEE;
and the meaning of the crossed out wheeled bin symbol.
- 19. Competitions
General Competition Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions to apply to competitions and prize draws unless otherwise stated:
1. Prize draws and competitions are not open to employees (and their immediate families) of Harrods, their agents, or anyone connected with the competition or prize draw in question.
2. Only one entry per person. Collective and/or proxy entries are not allowed. Where applicable complete the webform or send in your paper entry form.
3. All prizes are subject to availability and Harrods reserves the right to exchange them for items of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. Where applicable, paper entry forms must be on the official entry form in ink. Any damaged, defaced or illegible entry forms will be automatically disqualified.
6. All paper entry forms become the property of Harrods and will not be returned.
7. No responsibility is accepted for any paper entry forms lost or damaged.
8. An independent person will supervise the competitions and prize draws. In respect of prize draws, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. In respect of competitions, the winner(s) will be the entrant(s) who, in the opinion of independent judge, complete(s) the skill-based task in the most apt, impressive and appropriate manner (the judge's decision is final).
9. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner(s).
10. To request the name and county of the winner(s), please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Marketing & Communications, Harrods Limited, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL after the date for selecting the winner.
11. The winner(s) agree to have their name(s) published as winner(s) and to take part in any publicity arranged by or on behalf of Harrods in connection with the applicable prize draw or competition.
12. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Harrods reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
13. The prize draws and competitions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Harrods reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Harrods shall notify any amended terms and conditions on its website at www.harrods.com/content/shopping/terms-conditions.
15. By entering a prize draw or competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. For any competition involving hampers, the competition is valid for UK entrants only.
17. By entering a prize draw or competition, you agree to receive email communications from Harrods with special offers, updates and promotions; we will not share your email address with any other 3rd parties.
Summer Of Now: New York Competition
The terms and conditions for the Summer Of Now: New York Competition are additional to the general competition Terms and Conditions: The prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years and over and closes at midnight on Tuesday 11th June 2013. To enter the promotion you must complete and submit an online entry form. There will be one winner and one prize, which consist of the holiday described above. The prize includes two return economy class flights from London Heathrow to New York (JFK Airport) with Virgin Atlantic; three consecutive nights’ accommodation for two people at the London New York, the type of room will be decided upon booking depending on availability and guests’ requirements (ie whether a twin or double room is required); and transfers between the airport in New York and the hotel. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and London Heathrow airport, travel insurance, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than as specified. The winner and guest must have valid passports and are responsible for any necessary visas, health assessments and vaccinations. The winner’s guest must travel with the winner throughout the duration of the prize. The prize must be booked with Winged Boots (who will be contacting the winner once confirmed) and all travel completed before Friday 24 May 2014. Flights are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s terms and conditions and blackout periods apply including 29th November - 14th December 2013 and 27th December – 1st January (all inclusive). The prize is subject to availability, non-transferable (including booking in another person’s name) and there are no cash alternatives. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by 21st June 2013 and must inform the Promoter that it is available to accept the prize within 7 days of such notification. If the winner is unable to accept the prize and/or the Prize is unclaimed by 30 June 2013, the winners entry shall be declared invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrectly supplied information. For full applicable terms and conditions, please go to harrods.com/termsandconditions/competitions. The promoter of this prize draw is Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL.
'Spot the Green Man' Competition
The prize draw is open to all mainland UK residents aged 18 years and over. To enter, entrants must be a follower of @Harrods on Twitter and tweet the copy 'The dancing Green Man #HarrodsSale' together with a picture of a dancing Harrods Green Man between Saturday 8th June and 12pm Thursday 13th June 2013. The dancing Harrods Green Men will be appearing at six locations around London from Saturday 8th until Tuesday 11th June 2013 and Harrods will tweet the locations and times of the Dancing Green Men performances one day prior to each performance during the entry period. Entries must include a picture of a dancing Green Man and the hash tag #HarrodsSale. Entrants can submit multiple entries provided each new entry is unique. There will be one winner and one prize, which consists of a £1000 Harrods Gift Card. The prize will be subject to the terms and conditions of Harrods Gift Cards available at www.harrods.com. The winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and informed via Twitter. The winner must provide their contact details to the promoter and collect the prize in person from the Concierge service at Harrods' Knightsbridge store. If a winner cannot confirm availability to accept the prize and/or provide the relevant personal details (including any proof of age, residency and identity as required by the promoter) within 48 hours of being contacted by the promoter, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize. The winner must participate in any marketing and promotional activity in relation to the prize draw and/or the winning entry free of charge and consents to the promoter announcing their name publicly as a prize winner (including their Twitter account name), making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry for any purpose and without compensation. Entrants using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be disqualified. Entries must comply with Twitter's Terms of Service (http://twitter.com/tos). The promoter of this prize draw is Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL. For full applicable terms and conditions, please go to harrods.com/termsandconditions/competitions.
- 20. Our Details
Registered in England: 00030209
87/135 Brompton Road,
London, SW1X 7XL
VAT number: 629 273 423
- 21. Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers
- Our Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers contain personally selected perishable produce from Harrods. Due to season and availability, these products are subject to change. The Hampers are non-returnable. Please see 9.2 for more information regarding our Returns Policy.
1.1 General delivery information
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers are only available to selected postcodes in and around London - please view the below table to see if your postcode is eligible for delivery.
Post code Delivery days (selected during checkout process) E 1, 14 Daily delivery E 98 Daily delivery EC 1 - 4 Daily delivery N 1, 2 Daily delivery NW 2, 4, 6, 11 Daily delivery NW 1, 3, 8 Daily delivery SW 2, 4, 8, 9, 11 - 20 Daily delivery SW 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10 Daily delivery W 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 11, 14 Daily delivery W 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13 Daily delivery WC 1, 2 Daily delivery SE 1 Daily delivery
Delivery is available Monday to Saturday.
Payment for all Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers products will be taken on despatch.
Please note all delivery charges are fixed at a standard rate of £15.95 for Monday to Saturday delivery. Orders need to be placed before 1pm to qualify for Next Day Delivery. Please note we are unable to deliver Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers on a Bank holiday and on Sundays.
Please note there is a delivery capacity per day for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers. When that capacity has been reached, the next available date for delivery will automatically be offered to customers.
Please note that all Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers will be delivered by Harrods vans. Non-perishable products purchased in the same order will be despatched by a different carrier and will arrive separately.
1.2 Returns Policy
Except in relation to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers (including all their contents) may not be returned.All items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute any unavailable products with replacement products of similar or higher value.
If purchasing Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers as a gift please ensure the recipient is able to receive the Hamper, as unwanted gifts or gifts refused upon delivery cannot be refunded, however they can be returned to the following address:
Harrods Direct Customer Returns,
Off Lancelot Place, London SW7 1DT
1.3 Cancellations and Alterations to an order
We regret that you may not cancel an order for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers once your order has been placed.
All items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute any unavailable products with replacement products of similar or higher value.
1.4 General Conditions for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers
1.4.1 In addition to all other clauses of these Terms and Conditions, the following terms relate to the purchase of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers.
1.4.2 The term "Hamper" refers to a collection of food items packaged in a container such as a wicker basket. The type of container used for each Hamper is stated on our website.
1.4.3 Please note that for photographic purposes, props such as dishes, glasses, decanters and cutlery have been used in website/catalogue pictures and such items may not be included with Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers. Some packaging may vary to that shown in the picture. All Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers are subject to availability and contents may vary depending on seasonality. Please note that ribbons are not included. All wines are 75cl and spirits are 70cl unless stated otherwise.
1.4.4 Please note that all Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers include perishable items and the recipient is responsible for the refrigeration of the perishable components.
1.4.5 Whilst we are unable to accept personalised gift cards to be placed in Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Hampers, we would be happy to include a Harrods gift message card with your own message (maximum of 150 characters). Please ensure you request this and provide your message in the appropriate place during the website order process. We regret that any messages can only be provided in Latin characters.
1.4.6 Confirmation of your order will be sent via email upon despatch of your order. To ensure this is a seamless process, please ensure you provide your email address when placing the order.
1.4.7Harrods Rewards points can be earned but cannot be redeemed for Hamper orders made online, over the telephone or by mail order. If you have any questions about your Harrods Rewards then you can call the Rewards Managers on +44 20 7893 8408 or email us at email@example.com.
- 22. Mini Harrods
This Mini Harrods programme ("Mini Harrods") operates subject to the terms and conditions of the Harrods Rewards programme, which are available at harrods.com/rewards. Set out below are the additional terms and conditions applicable to the Mini Harrods programme promoted and operated by Harrods Limited ("Harrods"):
1. The registrant ("You") must be a parent/legal guardian of the child/children and an existing Rewards member. The child/children must be between 2 and 10 years of age to join Mini Harrods.
2. By submitting a registration to join Mini Harrods, You consent (on your own behalf, on behalf of all the parents/legal guardians of the child/children, the child/children and the primary Rewards member) to Your child's/children's registration in Mini Harrods and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. To submit a valid application to join Mini Harrods, You must complete the Registration Form on behalf of Your child/children and confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Any incomplete applications will not be accepted. The initial registration processing time period for Mini Harrods Members is approximately 3 weeks. Members registering their child/children with a birthday within that 3 week period shall not receive any Mini Harrods Birthday offers.
4. To provide the benefits of Mini Harrods, Harrods needs to collect personal information about You and Your child/children and obtain Your consent in relation to the handling of this personal information. By submitting this application and/or registering Your child/children in Mini Harrods, You consent to Harrods collecting and storing the information contained on this Registration Form and information relating to You and Your child's/children's transactions, purchases and participation in Mini Harrods. Harrods will use this personal information for the purposes of administering Mini Harrods (including the provision of member benefits) and for future promotional, marketing and market research purposes, including the offer of products and services that are likely to be of interest to You and Your child/children. Harrods will only share such personal information with carefully selected third-party partners to assist with the operation of Mini Harrods (including the provision of member benefits). If You have provided email and mobile telephone details to Harrods, You may receive emails and text messages from Harrods, including information relating to Mini Harrods, promotions, benefits, offers and marketing. Information sent by Harrods may be addressed to You and/or the child/children You have registered in Mini Harrods (noting that the majority of such information will be sent to You).
5. Requests to be removed from Mini Harrods or to opt-out of receiving information from Mini Harrods can be submitted on your online Rewards account at harrods.com/login or, alternatively, contact the Rewards team either by mail at Harrods Rewards Services, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on +44 20 7893 8408.
6. Harrods may, from time to time, take photographs and/or video footage during Mini Harrods events for marketing and promotional purposes (both internal and external). By registering Your child/children and/or attending Mini Harrods event(s) You consent to Harrods using these photographs and/or video footage and the image of You and/or your child/children attending Mini Harrods events in such marketing and promotional material without restriction and without any other compensation.
7. Mini Harrods is open to children 2 to 10 years of age. All children will be removed from Mini Harrods when they reach 11 years of age.
8. The Mini Harrods card operates in the same manner as Your Rewards card and is subject to the terms and conditions of the Rewards programme. Points accumulated on the child's/children's Mini Harrods card are automatically transferred to the relevant parent's/legal guardian's Rewards account. Any Cash Reward in the Rewards account may be transferred to the nominated child's/children's Mini Harrods card on request of the Rewards member.
9. The Mini Harrods card can only be used by the child named on the Mini Harrods card when accompanied by their parent/legal guardian and the parent/legal guardian shall be responsible for the choice of items purchased using the Mini Harrods card.
10. Terms defined in these terms and conditions have the meaning given to them in the terms and conditions of the Rewards programme unless otherwise specified.
11. Harrods has the right to withdraw, cancel or change the terms of Mini Harrods at any time. For up-to-date terms and conditions, members should refer to harrods.com/miniharrods. A member will be deemed to have accepted any changes or variations by his/her continued use of a Mini Harrods card.
12. Birthday parties at Harrods are subject to terms and conditions, which are available at harrods.com/miniharrods. To book a party, please email email@example.com or call +44 20 7893 8408. Registered Office 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL.
13. The event is open to select Harrods Rewards members' children aged between five and 10 years of age. Participant numbers for the event are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first in basis as advised by Harrods. By accepting this invitation you provide permission voluntarily for your child/children to attend the event. Please be aware that the food and/or drinks at the event will contain nuts, gluten, dairy, wheat and other potential allergens. If your child/children are allergic to any of the foregoing, we recommend they do not attend the event. Parents will not be allowed to participate in the event but must supervise their child/children at all times. Photos and a video will be taken during the event for marketing and promotional purposes (both internal and external). By accepting this invitation and attending the event you consent to Harrods using these photos and/or footage and the image of you and/oryour child/children attending the event in such marketing and promotional material without restriction and without any compensation. All materials for the event will be provided by Harrods and participants are not required to bring anything to the event. Participants must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the event. Regrettably, late arrivals will not be accepted.
- 23. Fashion Sale Preview
* The 30% discount is available on selected lines in participating fashion departments at Harrods, Knightsbridge, and online at harrods.com. The offer excludes Autumn/Winter 2013 collections. Ask in-store or see online for full details and exclusions. This offer runs from Friday 7th June to 3pm Thursday 13th June 2013 inclusive and in-store on Saturday 8th to Thursday 13th June. Customers must present their Harrods Rewards card upon payment or enter their Rewards card number online at checkout. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Unwanted in-store purchases made during the Sale Preview period must be returned for exchange or refund (by way of Shopping Credit) within 14 days and any such Shopping Credit must be redeemed in-store within 12 months of issue. Online returns are subject to the returns policy set out at harrods.com/termsandconditions
- 24. MasterCard Promotion
* 1. This offer is open to all MasterCard cardholders over 18 years old, excluding any employees of Harrods or MasterCard, their immediate families, or anyone else connected to this offer. 2. All payments relating to this offer should be made using a MasterCard card. 3. The Offer: Spend at least £100 in one single transaction on your MasterCard card online at www.harrods.com between 00.01am on 1st June 2013 and 11.59pm on 30th June 2013 (“Promotional Period”). Within 7 days of the transaction date, you will be sent an email containing details of how to redeem 10% off a purchase online at www.harrods.com using your MasterCard between 00.01am on 8th July 2013 and 11.59pm on 4th August 2013. 4. Discount can only be redeemed once per person. 5. All purchases, both qualifying and redemption, must be made with a MasterCard card and cannot be used with any other promotional voucher, coupon or any other discount apart from any sale discount offers which may be valid at the time. 6. When redeeming the 10% online discount, the transaction must be linked to the same email address to which the email confirming the discount was sent. 7. This offer is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash in whole or part. 8. The 10% offer is available on purchases online only, and excludes certain products, including Gift Cards, Boodles, Agent Provocateur, Christian Dior Childrenswear and accessories and selected fine jewellery and selected products. Third party suppliers and products with a special delivery charge are also excluded. 9. The discount cannot be used on any delivery charges (which will also be excluded from the calculation of the amount of any transaction) or gift vouchers or in conjunction with other offers. 10. If any of the items purchased using the discount are returned, the amount of the refund given will be limited to the final amount paid for the item taking into account the discount given. 11. Online returns are subject to the returns policy set out at harrods.com/termsandconditions. 12. Sale items purchased will be subject to the Harrods sale returns policy. 13. Normal exclusions and delivery rules apply. See www.harrods.com/content/shopping/delivery-returns 14. By participating in this offer, participants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. 15. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights. 16. This offer will be governed by the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English courts. Promoter: Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL.
- 25. 10% Rewards Weekend
The 10% offer is available to all Harrods Rewards members in-store on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June 2013 and online from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd June 2013. The 10% offer is available exclusively to Gold and Black tier Rewards members in-store on Friday 21st June 2013. The 10% offer is available on purchases in-store and online at harrods.com, excluding certain products and departments such as: Furniture, Fine Jewellery, Fine watches, Food Halls (except for hampers, wines and spirits) and Gift Cards. Ask in-store for further information on in-store exclusions. In addition, the online-only exclusions are as follows: Boodles, Christian Dior Childrenswear and accessories, selected fine jewellery,selected sunglasses and selected products. Third party suppliers and products with a special delivery charge are also excluded. The 10% offer will be calculated at till points on in-store purchases and online at the point of checkout. Harrods staff are excluded. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This offer cannot be exchanged for cash, nor can the discount form part of any refund. Online returns are subject to the returns policy set out at harrods.com/termsandconditions