Terms & Conditions
Welcome to harrods.com
By accessing this website you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you may not use or access this website. The www.harrods.com website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
References in these Terms and Conditions to "we", "us" and "Harrods" are to Harrods Limited (company number 30209), registered office 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL.
- 1. Online Shopping
1.1 Every care has been taken to ensure that the photographic representation, description and specification of each product is accurate. However, while the reproduction of colours is a close representation, a slight variation in the actual goods may occur. We are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise. Before you place an order you should read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your order.
1.2 By submitting an order to us through our website, you represent and warrant that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct, and that when your order is accepted and processed by us, payment will be made in full. By placing an order you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing details.
1.3 Visitors under the age of 18 should not register with this website or submit any information to us.
1.4 Visitors to the site buying alcohol and/or knives must be over the age of 18.
- 2. Acceptance of your Order
2.1 You can place an order in one of two ways, either online or over the telephone through our Orderline.
2.2 Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being out of stock - see 7. Product Availability/Information below
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to reject acceptance of any order at any time in our absolute discretion
2.3.1 Shortly after you have placed an order with us, an email will be sent to you acknowledging the exact details of your order. This email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Harrods. Should you not receive an acknowledgment within 5 business days, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team by calling +44 203 626 7020 from your mobile and internationally, or 0333 300 1000 from a UK Landline. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. We are closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
2.3.2 Acceptance of an order placed by you online and the completion of the contract between you and Harrods will take place when your order is dispatched, unless you have cancelled the order in accordance with the order cancellation instructions set out below.
2.4 Over the Telephone
2.4.1 A member of our Customer Care Team will be delighted to help you place an order over the telephone, advise you on the range of merchandise we offer on our website and help you with queries about payment.
2.4.2 Our Harrods Direct Customer Care team are available Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. Please call 0333 300 1000 (Calls to this number from a UK landline cost 1.75p per minute) or +44 203 626 7020 (Mobile/International).
2.4.3 Where you place an order over the telephone, you will be given a customer reference number as an acknowledgement of your order. Please note that your order is not accepted at this stage. We accept your order for an item ordered over the telephone at the point of your order being dispatched, unless you have cancelled the order in accordance with the order cancellation instructions set out below.
2.4.4 Telephone calls may be recorded for security and service monitoring purposes.
2.5 When an order is placed, we request pre-authorisation for the value of the order from your bank/card issuer to ensure that the funds are available. However, this remains simply a pre-authorisation request until the order is shipped, at which point we actually take payment.
We have found that some card companies show the initial request and the later charge as two separate entries, please be assured that we only charge your card once and that any 'second' charge is only temporary and will shortly disappear.
If you have any further queries, please contact your bank/card issuer.
- 3. Order Cancellation
3.1 If you wish to cancel your order placed online or over the telephone, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team by:
- Calling 0333 300 1000 (Calls to this number from a UK landline cost 1.75p per minute) or on +44 203 626 7020 (outside UK and mobile). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. We are closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
- Forwarding your acknowledgement email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intention to cancel the order.
- Or writing to:
Harrods Direct Customer Care
Admail 1234 (Freepost)
London SW1A 2XX
- Alternatively, you may cancel your order by returning the goods along with the completed returns form within 14 days of receipt.
3.2 It may not always be possible to stop an order from being dispatched, as we endeavour to process orders immediately. If your order has already been dispatched, please return the order following the instructions contained within the parcel. Please note that your right to return goods does not apply to certain products. Further details are set out in our Returns Policy in section 4.
3.3 In order to change the details of your order, you must notify us within 30 minutes of your order being placed. Please have the order number to hand. After this time we are unable to amend your order as we endeavour to process orders immediately, therefore we would request that you return the goods once they have been delivered - please see section 4 for our returns procedure.
If you would like to cancel or amend your order or have any further questions about our cancellations policy, please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team by calling +44 203 626 7020 from your mobile and internationally, or 0333 300 1000 from a UK Landline.
- 4. Returns
4.1 Returns Policy
4.1.1 The Returns Policy is for goods purchased on the website, over the telephone, by fax, or by post.
4.1.2 Unwanted goods may be returned for a refund. Please return them in their original condition, unused (with their original packaging), with all labels and garment tags still attached within 14 days of receipt of your goods using the returns form provided.
The following items may not be returned:
- personalised items or goods which have been made to a customer's specification;
- perishable goods, including food and certain hampers;
- for reasons of hygiene we do not accept the return of:
- any beauty product or fragrance
- ladies' and men's briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms, unless the protective adhesive strip is still in place or the item is unsoiled and in a saleable condition
- hosiery, unless unopened and in its original packaging
- Unfortunately, due to hygiene reasons, earrings cannot be exchanged or refunded unless faulty.
- - mattresses, divans (where they come as part of a set with a mattress), duvets, mattress toppers/protectors or pillows
4.1.3 Please ensure you return the goods to us in their original packaging. Although your statutory rights as a consumer will not be affected, the goods are second hand without the packaging and we may not therefore be able to exchange them voluntarily. You can take the goods out of the packaging to check suitability, but don't throw it away and please return it with your goods. For computer and electronic products, the original manufacturers' packaging is part of the goods, so please retain it for at least 28 days in case you wish to return them for any reason.
4.1.4 Refunds will be made for the original purchase amount against the original form of tender. If you are returning products purchased via PayPal, the original amount will be processed into your PayPal account. Free returns are available where deliveries have been made to the UK Mainland and a Standard, Next Day or Saturday delivery service was selected. Please note that in all other cases, postage or other return costs will be the customer's responsibility except in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods.
4.1.5 When returning goods on which you have received a discount or special offer, that discount/offer will no longer apply if you fall below the discount/offer threshold and the refund will be adjusted accordingly. Additionally, any free promotional gift issued with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods.
4.1.6 None of the above terms affect your statutory rights or your rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations when goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied. In the unlikely event of this being the case, please return the goods to us.
4.2 Returns Procedure
4.2.1 Harrods offers free returns on all UK Mainland Standard or Next Day or Saturday deliveries. This excludes International Delivery, deliveries which incur a special delivery charge, deliveries from third party suppliers, large and bulky goods and furniture.
4.2.2 To return unsuitable purchase(s) free of charge, apply the enclosed free returns label to your parcel and post the package at your Post Office. We strongly recommend that you retain your receipt from the Post Office until you have received credit for your return. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of returned goods.
4.2.3 Items of clothing will arrive with a Harrods returns tag attached. If you wish to return any unwanted item(s), please ensure this returns tag remains attached. Items which are returned to us with this tag removed may not be accepted and may be returned to you without refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
4.2.4 All returns should be sent to;
Harrods Direct Customer Returns
TVDC – Harrods
If you would like to discuss the return of any item, or have any further questions about our Returns Policy please contact a member of our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team by calling +44 203 626 7020 from your mobile and internationally, or 0333 300 1000 from a UK Landline.
4.3 Large or bulky goods and furniture
If you wish to return goods that have been delivered to you at a pre-arranged delivery time, for example large or bulky goods or furniture, please contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on +44 203 626 7020 from your mobile and internationally, or 0333 300 1000 from a UK Landline to arrange collection or replacement. Harrods reserves the right to make a charge of up to £300 to cover the collection cost, which will be deducted from the amount to be refunded. You will be notified of this amount at the time of cancellation.
- 5. Payment Methods
5.1 We only accept payment for orders in £ sterling.
5.2 We accept payment by American Express, JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit, Harrods Gift Cards and PayPal. You will find additional Terms and Conditions for PayPal payments at www.paypal.co.uk. (Harrods.com is not responsible for the content of external websites).
5.3 If you choose to pay for an item using a payment card with a foreign currency denominated account, the account will still be taken in £ sterling at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing your order.
5.5 Unless we are fraudulent or negligent we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to the personal and transactional information you provide us when placing an order.
5.6 Please note that Harrods does not accept cash or cheques as payment online or over the telephone.
5.7 When an order is placed, we request pre-authorisation for the value of the order from your bank/card issuer to ensure that the funds are available. However, this remains simply a pre-authorisation request until the order is shipped, at which point we actually take payment.
We have found that some card companies show the initial request and the later charge as two separate entries, please be assured that we only charge your card once and that any 'second' charge is only temporary and will shortly disappear.
If you have any further queries, please contact your bank/card issuer or PayPal.
- 6. Pricing Policy
6.1 All prices shown on the website are in £ sterling and are inclusive of VAT, where applicable. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
6.2 UK VAT will be automatically deducted (where applicable) from merchandise dispatched to non-EU countries. The deduction will be made before payment is collected. For Hampers and Gift Boxes please refer to section 9.
6.3 Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we may treat your order, in respect of the incorrectly priced item, as cancelled.
6.4 Harrods endeavours to ensure that all merchandise offered on the website is available at the same price in the Knightsbridge Store. However, from time to time (particularly during Harrods Sale and promotional periods) we may offer additional discounts for purchases online at www.harrods.com that do not apply in the Knightsbridge Store or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on this site may not be offered as part of a set within the store and individual prices may apply.
6.5 Our Knightsbridge Store may also run additional discount promotions for purchases made by any of our accepted payment methods, including during the Christmas and Sale periods. Please be advised that this may not apply to purchases made through our website or over the telephone. Please see in-store for details.
- 7. Product Availability / Information
We feature products on our website that have been carefully selected for Online Shopping. Once an item is sold out, it will be taken off the website at the earliest opportunity and may not be available again. Prices of products may change from time to time. If items you order are out of stock, subject to a delay, or sold at a higher price than shown on your order, we will contact you at the email address or telephone number you provided when placing your order. If we are unable to contact you via telephone or email, we will cancel the part of your order that is unavailable or incorrectly priced and will continue to process the remaining items on your order (where applicable). All items are subject to availability. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, it is necessary to substitute an item, the item will be of equal or greater value than the the item it is replacing. Substitutions will only be made with your prior consent. If a replacement item is of greater value, you will be liable to pay for the difference in product values.
IMPORTANT: please note that during periods of significantly increased demand and lower stock availability, such as Sale, there is an increased risk of items being out of stock.
- 8. Delivery Information
Please note that the below delivery information applies only to orders placed online through harrods.com or telephone orders made through the Harrods Customer Care Centre. Alternative delivery charges apply to orders placed directly through the Harrods Knightsbridge Store.8.1 Delivery Timing 8.1.1 Please note that Harrods cannot guarantee specific delivery dates and therefore, subject to specific delivery times for Hampers and Gift Boxes as detailed in section 9, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery within UK and 12 working days for Channel Islands and International delivery unless alternative dates are stated in the product description. This is subject to goods being in stock and payment authorisation. We are unable to guarantee delivery earlier than this time frame. 8.1.2 Please note that individual items and Hampers/Gift Boxes will be dispatched separately. 8.2 UK Delivery The following delivery charges apply to UK addresses: 8.2.1 Standard Delivery (3 - 5 working days) £5.95 per order Standard delivery is available within the UK excluding orders for large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation. 8.2.2 Next Day Delivery (Next working day) £12 per order Next day delivery is available within the UK excluding orders for large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. - Orders placed before 1pm will be delivered the next working day (Monday to Friday) - Orders placed after 1pm will be dispatched the next working day - All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation For a list of the postcodes exempt from Next Day delivery, please click here. 8.2.3 Saturday Delivery (Saturday only) £15.95 per order Saturday delivery is available within the UK, excluding large and bulky orders and furniture or where delivery lead times are otherwise indicated within the product information for each individual item. - Orders placed on a Monday to Friday before 1pm will be delivered on Saturday - Orders placed after 1pm on a Friday will be dispatched the Saturday of the following week - All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation -Deliveries are available to UK Zone 1 For full information on postcode zones, please contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0333 300 1000. 8.2.4 Hampers and Gift Boxes For UK delivery of Hampers and Gift Boxes please see section 9 below. 8.2.5 Large/Bulky Goods/Special Order/Furniture Large and bulky goods are subject to additional carriage charges and delivery times will vary. Certain Harrods products are dispatched direct from third party suppliers* (* see clause 8.2.6 for delivery of Osim products). Individual delivery rates and delivery lead times are included in the product information for each individual item or contact the Harrods Direct Customer Care Team on 0333 300 1000 (UK Line) or +44 203 626 7020 (Mobile/International) for further information. Items that have a special delivery charge, including glassware, electronics, furniture, mirrors, lighting and large and bulky goods are available for delivery to UK mainland only. This excludes Scottish Highlands, certain British islands and selected postcodes throughout the UK, unless otherwise stated.
Zone Area Price Zone 1 Within M25 £90.00 Zone 2 Home Counties £125.00 Zone 3 including Manchester and Leeds £195.00 Zone 4 Northern England, Borders and Scotland £250.00
- 9. Hampers and Gift Boxes
- 9.1 Delivery Information 9.1.1 The delivery options for all Hampers and Gift Boxes (excluding perishable Hampers) are as follows: - Standard Mainland UK Delivery £5.95 per order - Next Day Mainland UK Delivery £12.00 per order* - Saturday Mainland UK Delivery £15.95 per order (Saturday only on orders placed before Friday 1pm)
*Orders placed before 1:00pm will be delivered the next working day (Monday to Friday). Orders placed after 1:00pm will be dispatched the next working day. All timings are subject to successful payment authorisation.9.1.2 Postcodes excluded from next day delivery
Area PostCodes Scotland AB30-39 AB41-45 AB51-56,63 DD8-10 DG1-14,16 FK1-17,21 KA26-28 KW1-17 PA20-38 PA40-49 PA60-78 PH1-26 PH30-44 PH49-50 TD11,13,14 HS1-9 IV1-28 IV30-32,36 IV40-49 IV51-56 ZE1-3 England EX16-23 EX31-39 PL11-19 PL22-35 SY7-9, 11-12 SY15 TD12,15 TR1,2 TR10-20, 26, 27 Northern Ireland BT1-58 BT60-82 BT92-94,99 Wales LD1-8 LL15-49 LL51-78 SY10,16-25 Isle of Man IM1-9,99 Isle of Scilly TR21-25 Isle of Wight PO30-41
- 10. General Conditions for Harrods Gift Cards
10.1 The conditions of use as set out below, the Terms and Conditions above and any condition on the reverse of the Harrods Gift Card itself apply for the use of Harrods Gift Cards. Please read these conditions of use in full before buying / redeeming the Harrods Gift Card.
10.2 About Harrods Gift Cards
Harrods Gift Cards look like credit cards but act like Gift Vouchers and are available for purchase online any denomination up to £500. Restrictions are in place for the volume of Gift Cards available for purchase online - these will change from time to time.
10.3.1 Price of the Gift Card is exclusive of VAT and it will be treated as another form of tender towards future purchases.
10.3.2 All Harrods Gift Cards ordered from this website or by telephone must be paid for in £ sterling using the permitted methods detailed in section 5 (Payment Methods). Please also consider our Pricing Policy at section 6.
10.4 Redeeming Harrods Gift Cards
10.4.1 The Harrods Gift Card is redeemable in full or part payment for goods/ services sold in Harrods Knightsbridge store and online.
10.4.2 Harrods Gift Cards cannot be redeemed via telephone/mail order.
10.4.3 The balance on a Harrods Gift Card may be used until either the balance is fully depleted or the Harrods Gift Card expires (whichever of these two instances occurs sooner).
10.4.4 To redeem your Gift Card online, you will need to enter your Gift Card number (on reverse of card) and pin code (in scratch-off panel on reverse of card).
If your Gift Card has insufficient funds to cover the order total, you may pay the remainder using a credit/debit card or further Gift Cards. Up to 5 Gift Cards may be used in one order.
Please note that the total balance of a Gift Card will be used before a second payment method is requested in a single order.
10.4.5 Harrods Gift Cards will expire after 24 consecutive months of non-Use. ("Use" for the purposes of this terms includes making a balance enquiry.) After this date you can obtain a replacement card for the remaining value by visiting our Knightsbridge store and returning the old Harrods Gift Card.
10.4.6 You may check the expiry date of your Harrods Gift Card at Harrods Knightsbridge store or by calling 020 7893 8795.
10.4.7 A maximum card balance of £10,000 applies to all Harrods Gift Cards.
10.4.8 Amex customers must call their bank to notify them before ordering, should the delivery address be different from their card billing address.
10.4.9 Harrods Gift Cards will be dispatched separately from other items on your order.
10.5 How To Check The Balance
10.5.1 When using the Harrods Gift Card, the balance will be displayed on the bottom of your till receipt.
10.5.2 You may also check the balance of a Harrods Gift Card at Harrods Knightsbridge store or by calling 0870 730 4438. You can also check the balance of a Gift Card online by clicking here.
10.6 Lost Or Stolen Cards
Harrods is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Harrods Gift Cards, once issued. The Harrods Gift Card cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
10.7.1 Gift Cards are non-refundable.
10.7.2 You cannot transfer the balance of a Harrods Gift Card onto another Harrods Gift Card.
10.7.3 Any refund of an item purchased using a Harrods Gift Card in-store will be made in accordance with Harrods Store Policy.
10.7.4 Items purchased online using a Harrods Gift Card will be refunded in accordance with our standard Returns Policy (please see section 4). Any monies which are due to be refunded will be issued onto a new Harrods Gift Card. Remaining balances on a Harrods Gift Card may not be transferred to a cash equivalent.
10.8 These conditions of use may be altered from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. The current conditions of use will be available at all times at our Knightsbridge store.
- 11. Harrods Rewards
11.1 If you are a Harrods Rewards loyalty scheme member, you may accumulate Harrods Rewards Points on your Rewards Card on qualifying online purchases. Exceptions include purchases of Harrods Gift Cards.
11.2 Harrods Rewards Points and Loyalty Gifts cannot be redeemed online.
11.3 For further information relating to Harrods Rewards visit the Harrods Knightsbridge Store or call our Harrods Rewards Managers on +44 20 7893 8408 or visit www.harrods.com/rewards.
- 12. The Website
12.1 We may change the Harrods website and correct or update information (including product information) on it or change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
12.2 Except in relation to the description of products and services available for order from our website, we do not guarantee and are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided on the website.
12.3 You may access and use the website for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided you retain all copyright and proprietary notices, you may:
12.3.1 retrieve and display the content of the website on a screen;
12.3.2 print copies of the content for your own personal use; and
12.3.3 store the content in electronic form (except that you may not store it on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
12.4 You may not use this website or its contents:
12.4.1 for commercial purposes;
12.4.2 for resale purposes including the systematic extraction and/or re-utilisation of any part of the contents of this website (e.g. item listings, descriptions, prices);
12.4.3 to download (other than page caching) or modify the website, or any portion of it;
12.4.4 to interfere with or disrupt any network or website connected to this website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
12.4.5 to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the website by any other person;
12.4.6 for any purpose which is unlawful.
12.5 In addition you may not, in relation to this website, use any:
12.5.1 data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
12.5.2 framing techniques to enclose the trade marks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the website;
12.5.3 meta tags or any other "hidden text" which uses our name or trade marks.
12.6 Using this website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trade marks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it.
12.7 We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The website is provided "as is". Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk.
12.8 You must not transmit through or to our website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful or pornographic material or material which may infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) or which does not comply with all relevant laws.
12.9 This website and its content including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations and software used in connection with this website, is our property or that of our suppliers and is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
12.10 This website may include links to third party web sites ("Third Party Site(s)") from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of such Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services available from such Third Party Sites. You should check the privacy statements and Terms and Conditions of use of Third Party Sites accessible from this website.
- 13. Liability and Indemnity
13.1 We do not exclude or limit our liability or the liability of any other person for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our or their negligence. Except as set out above and in relation to our contractual obligations to supply goods and/or services following acceptance of orders placed on our website, neither we nor any of our agents, affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use or misuse of the website or customer services. We shall not be liable for any indirect, or consequential loss of whatever nature, including damage to software or hardware, loss of data, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or customer services (including without limitation, any such loss arising out of or in connection with any order placed on the website or through the Orderline, whether or not accepted by us).
13.2 You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
13.3 We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
- 14. Privacy and Communications
14.2 To fulfil our obligations to you under these Terms and Conditions, we communicate with you by email and by posting notices on the website. You agree to receive communications from us electronically in this way and that electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications to be in writing.
- 15. Jurisdiction
The website and telephone Orderline are controlled and operated in the UK. These Terms and Conditions and all matters connected with any order you place on our website or over the telephone are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to all matters connected with or arising out of the website or your use of customer services or any order you place on the website or through the Orderline.
- 16. General
16.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
16.2 We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
16.3 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
- 17. Customer Support
Please contact our Harrods Direct Customer Care Team in the event of any queries:
0333 300 1000* (UK Landline) or +44 203 626 7020 (Mobile/International)
Fax: +44 20 8479 5225
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. We are closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
*Calls to this number from a UK landline cost 1.75p per minute.
- 18. WEEE Guidelines
Recycling household electrical equipment - customer statement.
With effect from July 2007, the UK's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations require that all producers of electrical equipment are now obliged to pay for recycling of household electrical goods, where previously this bill was met by councils or items were not recycled at all. These regulations also require that all retailers both actively assist in delivering a UK wide WEEE collection infrastructure and encourage the participation of consumers in recycling electronic equipment.
So that you can get your waste electrical goods recycled, we have contributed towards a national fund to assist local councils to further develop their existing waste electronics collection facilities, which will in turn allow producers of this equipment to meet their obligations.
Not all council sites are suitable to collect all types of waste electrical goods but to find out your nearest participating site (including other collection facilities that may not be operated by the council) and for advice on all aspects of recycling at home, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk. Don't forget to have your postcode ready to use in the "recycling facilities" locator.
Electronic waste is one of the fastest growing waste streams and much of it can be recycled and resources recovered to make new consumer goods. To remind consumers of the collection methods available which in turn allow recycling to take place, all electrical items sold now carry the "crossed out wheeled bin" symbol. To ensure your waste electronics don't contribute to damaging the environment, please use www.recycle-more.co.uk and recycle today.
Compliance with the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations
In order to partially meet our obligations as a distributor as defined in the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (SI 2006 No. 3289 - 11 December 2006) (referred to hereafter as "the WEEE Regulations"), we have opted to become a full member of the Distributor Take back Scheme (DTS). Membership of the DTS is defined in regulation 35 of the WEEE Regulations and delivers exemption from the requirements of regulation 31 (to "ensure that WEEE from private households can be returned to him free of charge and on a one-to-one basis") and regulation 34(1) (maintenance of records).
As a member of the DTS, we have made a financial contribution toward the development of the network of Designated Collection Facilities (DCFs) instead of offering instore take back of WEEE. This financial contribution is described in paragraphs 83 to 88 of the UK WEEE guidance, and has been used to improve the WEEE collection facilities located at Local Authority Civic Amenity sites. In addition, through our support of the national recycling website, recycle-more.co.uk, we will also meet our obligations under regulation 33 to make information available to users of EEE in private households on -
the requirement on each Member State under Article 2 of the Directive to minimise the disposal of WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to achieve a high level of collection of WEEE for treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal;
the collection and take back systems available to them;
their role in contributing to the reuse, recycling and other forms of recovery of WEEE under these Regulations;
the potential effects on the environment and human health as a result of the presence of hazardous substances in EEE;
and the meaning of the crossed out wheeled bin symbol.
- 19. Competitions
General Competition Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions to apply to competitions and prize draws unless otherwise stated:
1. Prize draws and competitions are not open to employees (and their immediate families) of Harrods, their agents, or anyone connected with the competition or prize draw in question.
2. Only one entry per person. Collective and/or proxy entries are not allowed. Where applicable complete the webform or send in your paper entry form.
3. All prizes are subject to availability and Harrods reserves the right to exchange them for items of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes cannot be redeemed, re-sold or exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
5. Where applicable, paper entry forms must be on the official entry form in ink. Any damaged, defaced or illegible entry forms will be automatically disqualified.
6. All paper entry forms become the property of Harrods and will not be returned.
7. No responsibility is accepted for any paper entry forms that become lost or damaged.
8. An independent person will supervise the competitions and prize draws. In respect of prize draws, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. In respect of competitions, the winner(s) will be the entrant(s) who, in the opinion of an independent judge, complete(s) the skill-based task in the most apt, impressive and appropriate manner (the judge's decision is final).
9. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner(s).
10. To request the name and county of the winner(s), please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Marketing & Communications, Harrods Limited, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL after the date for selecting the winner.
11. The winner(s) agree to have their name(s) published as winner(s) and to take part in any publicity arranged by or on behalf of Harrods in connection with the applicable prize draw or competition.
12. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Harrods reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
13. The prize draws and competitions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Harrods reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Harrods shall notify any amended Terms and Conditions on its website at www.harrods.com/content/shopping/terms-conditions.
15. By entering a prize draw or competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
16. For any competition involving hampers and beauty products, the competition is valid for UK entrants only.
17. By entering a prize draw or competition, you agree to receive email communications from Harrods with special offers, updates and promotions; we will not share your email address with any other third parties.
Harrods Beauty School Social Media Competition
1. The competition is open to all mainland UK residents aged 18 years and over, who are registered users of Twitter and are followers of @Harrods on Twitter and/or who are registered users of Instagram and are followers of Harrods on Instagram. This competition is not open to employees of Harrods, its agents or anyone professional connected with the promotion, and their immediate families. The competition will run from 10:00am (BST) on Friday 5th September 2014 until 8:00pm (BST) on Saturday 20th September 2014.
2. The promoter of this competition is Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL (“Promoter”).
3. To enter, visit the Harrods Beauty School pop-up located in the Colour Hall on the Ground Floor at the Harrods Knightsbridge store, have a participating brand’s beauty look makeover and share the photograph taken by the Harrods Beauty School (by following the instructions on the card you will be given following your makeover) through one of the following social media channels:
(a) Twitter by tweeting the photograph with the hashtag #Harrodsbeauty #[name of brand] beauty look @Harrods (e.g. “I’ve got the Laura Mercier look courtesy of #harrodsbeauty; or
(b) Instagram by posting the photograph with the hashtag #Harrodsbeauty [name of brand] beauty look @Harrods.
4. Separate terms and conditions apply to the Harrods Beauty School make-over; please see #24 below for further information.
6. Each entrant agrees that he/she has independently developed and/or has the relevant authority/consent(s) to submit the photograph and that the photograph will not infringe the intellectual property or any other rights of any person.
7. Entries will not be accepted if deemed inappropriate or offensive by the Promoter (in its absolute discretion).
8. There will be one winner and one prize. The prize is a £1,000 Harrods Gift Card to spend on beauty items. The Gift Card will be sent by post via Special Delivery from Harrods within 14 days of the winner being announced. The Harrods gift card can only be redeemed at Harrods' Knightsbridge store and online and should only be spent on beauty products, and cannot be used on excluded products/departments or for purchases made by telephone, mail order or at Airport stores. The Harrods Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash, exchanged, used to buy Harrods gift cards or for the payment or settlement of an existing order. The general conditions of Harrods Gift Cards apply and are available above at #10.
9. The winner will be selected at random from all entries entered through both Twitter and Instagram. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner.
10. Harrods will notify the winner on Monday 22nd September 2014 via a private message to the winner’s social media account. The winner must provide his/her name, address and contact telephone number and confirm that he/she is available to accept the prize as specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age, residence and identity of the winner. If a winner cannot provide any of the above details and confirmations to the Promoter’s satisfaction within 48 hours of being contacted by the Promoter, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random from the remaining entries.
11. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
12. The winner consents to the Promoter announcing his/her name publicly as a prize winner (including their Twitter or Instagram account name), making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of his/her entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry for any purpose and without compensation. The winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any marketing and promotional activity in relation to the competition and/or the winning entry, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using his/her name, image, Twitter or Instagram account name, age and/or town/city in such promotional material without restriction and without any further compensation to the winner.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, technical or telecommunications failure, dysfunctions or problems or otherwise.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
16. For full applicable terms and conditions, please see above at #19.
- 20. Our Details
Registered in England: 00030209
87/135 Brompton Road,
London, SW1X 7XL
VAT number: 629 273 423
- 21. Mini Harrods
This Mini Harrods programme ("Mini Harrods") operates subject to the terms and conditions of the Harrods Rewards programme, which are available at harrods.com/rewards. Set out below are the additional terms applicable to the Mini Harrods programme (“Terms and Conditions”) promoted and operated by Harrods Limited ("Harrods"). Terms defined below have the meaning given to them in the terms and conditions of the Harrods Rewards Programme unless otherwise specified.
1. The registrant ("You") must be a parent/legal guardian of the child/children and an existing Rewards member. The child/children must be between 2 and 10 years of age to join Mini Harrods.
2. By submitting a registration to join Mini Harrods, You consent (on your own behalf, on behalf of all the parents/legal guardians of the child/children, the child/children and the primary Rewards member) to Your child's/children's registration in Mini Harrods and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. To submit a valid application to join Mini Harrods, You must complete the Registration Form on behalf of Your child/children and confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Any incomplete applications will not be accepted. The initial registration processing time period for Mini Harrods Members is approximately 3 weeks. Members registering their child/children with a birthday within that 3 week period shall not receive any Mini Harrods Birthday offers.
4. To provide the benefits of Mini Harrods, Harrods needs to collect personal information about You and Your child/children and obtain Your consent in relation to the handling of this personal information. By submitting this application and/or registering Your child/children in Mini Harrods, You consent to Harrods collecting and storing the information contained on this Registration Form and information relating to You and Your child's/children's transactions, purchases and participation in Mini Harrods. Harrods will use this personal information for the purposes of administering Mini Harrods (including the provision of member benefits) and for future promotional, marketing and market research purposes, including the offer of products and services that are likely to be of interest to You and Your child/children. Harrods will only share such personal information with carefully selected third-party partners to assist with the operation of Mini Harrods (including the provision of member benefits). If You have provided email and mobile telephone details to Harrods, You may receive emails and text messages from Harrods, including information relating to Mini Harrods, promotions, benefits, offers and marketing. Information sent by Harrods may be addressed to You and/or the child/children You have registered in Mini Harrods (noting that the majority of such information will be sent to You).
5. Requests to be removed from Mini Harrods or to opt out of receiving information from Mini Harrods can be submitted via your online Rewards account at harrods.com/login or, alternatively, contact the Rewards team either by mail at Harrods Rewards Services, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL, by email at email@example.com, or by phone on +44 20 7893 8408.
6. Harrods may, from time to time, take photographs and/or video footage during Mini Harrods events for marketing and promotional purposes (both internal and external). By registering Your child/children and/or attending Mini Harrods event(s) You consent to Harrods using these photographs and/or video footage and the image of You and/or your child/children attending Mini Harrods events in such marketing and promotional material without restriction and without any other compensation.
7. Mini Harrods is open to children 2 to 10 years of age. All children will be removed from Mini Harrods when they reach 11 years of age.
8. The Mini Harrods card operates in the same manner as Your Rewards card and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rewards programme. Points accumulated on the child's/children's Mini Harrods card are automatically transferred to the relevant parent's/legal guardian's Rewards account. Any Cash Reward in the Rewards account may be transferred to the nominated child's/children's Mini Harrods card on request of the Rewards member.
9. The Mini Harrods card can only be used by the child named on the Mini Harrods card when accompanied by their parent/legal guardian and the parent/legal guardian shall be responsible for the choice of items purchased using the Mini Harrods card.
10. Harrods has the right to withdraw, cancel or change the terms of Mini Harrods at any time. For up-to-date Terms and Conditions, members should refer to harrods.com/miniharrods. A member will be deemed to have accepted any changes or variations by his/her continued use of a Mini Harrods card and acceptance of, or participation in, Mini Harrods offers, promotions and/or competitions.
11. Mini Harrods may provide certain offers and conduct competitions from time to time. The terms and conditions and details applicable to each such offer/competition shall be provided on the primary communication in respect of each offer/competition. Please also refer to harrods.com/miniharrods for further details of such offers/competitions.
12. Terms and Conditions Applicable to the 10% Birthday Offer: The 10% discount offer is valid for one day (“Discount Day”) during the week in which Your Mini Harrods child’s birthday takes place, being a seven day period from Monday to Sunday (inclusive), as stated in the primary communication (“Offer Period”). The 10% discount offer is available on the Discount Day on selected items in the Childrenswear and Toy Kingdom departments, any restaurant and selected bespoke and speciality cakes (please visit the Food Orders Desk located in the Fruit & Vegetables section in the Food Halls for details of the discount range). Please allow three days lead time when you place your cake order. This offer is available at Harrods Knightsbridge store only, subject to presentation of your Harrods Rewards card at the time of each purchase. The commencement of the Discount Day will be automatically triggered by your first purchase in any nominated department or restaurant during the Offer Period and the 10% discount offer will be valid for the remainder of that trading day. The 10% discount offer cannot be used on excluded products/departments or for purchases made by telephone, mail order, on harrods.com or at airport stores and the offer period will not be extended. The 10% discount offer cannot be redeemed for cash, exchanged, used to purchase Harrods Gift Cards, or used for the payment or settlement of an existing order and may not be used in conjunction with Harrods Rewards 10% weekends or Rewards members' designated 10% discount days. For full details of this offer please contact the Rewards team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 7893 8408.
13. The promoter of Mini Harrods and owner of each Mini Harrods card is Harrods Limited of 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL (Registered in England with Registered No. 30209).
- 22. 10% Souvenirs Offer
The 10% discount voucher offer is available online at harrods.com from the date given on your receipt and is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The offer is available on Harrods branded products available at www.harrods.com/souvenirs with the exception of Harrods branded food, Harrods branded wine, Harrods branded Hampers. This voucher is only available to the recipients who received this promotional code from an in-store purchase and cannot be transferred. This offer is not available for purchases made via telephone, mail order, in-store at Harrods Knightsbridge or at Airport stores. To receive the 10% discount on the Specified Products, the recipient must enter the promotional code specified on this voucher at checkout. This voucher is valid for one transaction only and cannot be re-used, exchanged for cash, used in conjunction with any other offer or the voucher redemption period extended. Any refunds will be processed in accordance with Harrods Refund Policy and this voucher will not be reissued. Harrods reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Harrods Ltd, Registered in England +No. 30209. Registered office: 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL
- 23. Rewards Bonus Points
The offer applies for the period and in accordance with the terms specified on the offer invitation.
The offer applies only to purchases made in the Harrods Knightsbridge Store, Harrods UK airport shops and online from harrods.com.
The offer may not be used in conjunction with any other Harrods Rewards offer or promotion.
The offer is available only to the person named in the offer invitation when using their Rewards card and may not be transferred to another person.
The offer will not apply to purchases made in certain non-participating departments including Harrods Bank, Harrods car park, Theatre Ticket Bureau, Abercrombie and Kent Private Travel, the pharmacy, fashion alterations, small electrical/watch repairs, gift cards and vouchers, JJ Fox, The Harrods Terrace, Ice Cream Parlour, Design Studio, By Appointment & Beyond and Bespoke Events.
Harrods may amend or add to these Terms and Conditions and exclusions at any time. For further details on this offer please contact the Rewards team at email@example.com or +44 20 7893 8408. For full Terms and Conditions for Harrods Rewards programme, click here
- 24. Harrods Beauty School
1. The following brands will feature at the Harrods Beauty School pop-up located in the Colour Hall on the Ground Floor of the store between 5th September – 20th September 2014:
• Sept 5th – 6th: Lancôme
• Sept 7th – 8th Shu Uemura
• Sept 9th – 10th: Laura Mercier
• Sept 11th – 12th By Terry
• Sept 13th – 14th Dior (Appointments take place at Dior Backstage Studio not the Beauty School pop-up)
• Sept 13th – 14th Estée Lauder
• Sept 15th – 16th Bobbi Brown
• Sept 17th – 18th Burberry
• Sept 19th – 20th Chanel
2. Each brand will have one beauty look. Details of the brands’ beauty looks can be found here: http://magazine.harrods.com/#!/issue/20619/article/19442 OR Harrods Magazine Sept 2014 issue, pages 147 - 158
3. Harrods is offering you the chance to receive a complimentary (excluding Chanel*) makeover of a brand’s beauty look at the Harrods Beauty School during the dates detailed above. No purchase is necessary*.
*The Chanel beauty look will be subject to an advance booking fee of £25 per customer, redeemable against Chanel beauty purchases on the day of your appointment.
4. To take advantage of this offer, select a brand’s beauty look and call Harrods on 020 7730 1234 and ask for the relevant beauty brand or visit the relevant counter at Harrods to book an appointment for your makeover. Appointments for a brand’s beauty look makeover can only be made on the date a brand is featured at the Harrods Beauty School. Bookings for Chanel will require the appointment fee of £25 to be paid for in advance/ at the time of booking. Appointments are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Bookings are highly recommended to avoid disappointment. Harrods may forfeit your appointment (and in the case of Chanel, any booking fee) if you do not arrive for your appointment on time, or are 10 minutes or more late. If you are no longer able to make your appointment at the Harrods Beauty School please contact the relevant brand team by calling Harrods on 020 7730 1234 and asking for the relevant beauty brand counter as soon as possible.
5. Bookings are limited to one beauty look makeover, per brand, per person. Harrods reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking for any reason at its absolute discretion.
6. Products at the Harrods Beauty pop-up are for external use only. Some professional skincare products contain ingredients (including natural ingredients) that might affect individuals differently, in particular those with allergies and/or sensitivities. Please read manufacturer ingredient labels to determine which product may or may not meet your specific requirements or allergy concerns and follow manufacturers’ instructions for use before applying any products. Whilst allergic reactions are rare, Harrods and the brands featured at the Harrods Beauty School pop-up are not liable for any individual reaction or allergy to any particular ingredient or product. Consultation with your healthcare provider and an allergy patch test is recommended if there is any doubt or history of skin reactions. Please consult a healthcare provider if you have any questions about a particular health condition.