How to wear Herve Leger
By 12 April 2012
Since its inception in 1985, Herve Leger has become best known for its world famous bandage dresses that suck in and sculpt in all the right places. The unique mix of 90% rayon, 9% nylon and 1% spandex make Herve Leger both lightweight and supportive while the modern yet feminine silhouette Leger dresses create is often referred to as "bodycon."
But as with any figure-hugging garment, it is often what you wear underneath that ensures you look your absolute best. We caught up with Jessica Duncan, Retail Manager for Herve Leger at Harrods, to get the advice she gives to women every single day when they try on and buy in-store.
• Underwear should be completely seam-free. Spanx are recommended, but many brands offer seam-free styles. Some dresses have a lower back, and customers who are a B-cup or smaller should go braless if they feel comfortable, to guarantee a streamlined look. Women with bigger busts should invest in many of the adaptable bra styles available on the market.
• Dresses with thinner bandages (the connecting strips that make up the body of the dress) tend to be much tighter and often customers will need to get a size bigger than normal in these styles.
• Thicker bandages tend to stretch more quickly, and it is recommended to go a size smaller in these styles.
• Dresses with sequins or print are very tight and customers should go a size bigger, as these dresses have a lot less stretch.
• Customers must read the care details as some dresses are dry-clean only and some are spot clean only.
• Dress styles vary in length so customers must check the image of the dress on the model when buying online.
So what are you waiting for? Invest in a Herve Leger dress now and watch the jaws drop.