New in-store: Junior Collections rooms
By 15 October 2012
On Saturday 20th October, Harrods will launch a new childrenswear department dedicated to designer ranges for those aged between 10 to 16 years-old. Situated on Harrods' Fourth Floor, the all-new Junior Collections rooms will house top luxury brands including Gucci, Burberry, Armani and Ralph Lauren.
There will be plenty to see and do on the launch day for adults and tweens alike including:
- A ‘Design your own t-shirt’ competition courtesy of Paul Smith Junior. At the end of the day, the designers will choose the winner and they will win a Paul Smith outfit.
- A pair of Hackett-branded Aston Martin virtual racers with software that enables the racers to virtually race around Donnington Park.
- The opportunity to customise Junior Gaultier bags with the best bag winning a Gaultier outfit.
- Dior will be offering girls the opportunity to pose for a professional portrait in a Dior dress complete with complementary hair & make up.
- German brand Roma e Toska will be searching for a new face for their Fall/Winter campaign. Girls from 11 to 18 years are invited to participate in the casting, which will take place on the day, at Harrods. Make-up artist Mariana Martins, Countess Birgit Tyszkiewicz (the designer of Roma e Toska) and her daughter Toska will style, photograph and select the girls. The winner of the casting will be invited for a weekend to Hamburg for the photoshoot of the campaign.
In addition, Harrods will be collaborating with Stardoll, the world's biggest online community for girls who love fashion and shopping. An exclusive virtual Harrods boutique showcasing the latest designs from leading brands such as Versace, Sonia Rykiel, Chloé and Jean Paul Gaultier will be created for Stardoll members to shop online.
The Junior Collections rooms launch on Saturday 20th October on the Fourth Floor.