Terms & Conditions
Harrods.com (the ‘website’) is owned and operated by Harrods Limited, a British retailer registered in the United Kingdom with the company number 00030209 and VAT number 629 273 423. Our registered office and flagship store is located at 87–135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL. More information on other Harrods outlets across airports in the UK and international locations can be found in our FAQs.
References to ‘Harrods’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ are references to Harrods Limited, another Harrods company within our Group (where applicable). The Harrods Group includes Harrods Limited, Harrods International Limited, Harrods Estates Limited, Harrods Aviation Limited and Air Harrods Limited.
Harrods has subcontracted the operation of certain aspects of the website to Black & White, a trading division of Farfetch. This includes payment processing, hosting and delivery logistics (please see clause 3.3 for more information on payment).
Please note that the delivery logistics service is being provided by Farfetch to you, the customer, and as such you are entering into a contract for delivery services provided by Farfetch. Farfetch may make a charge for these services which will be shown in at prior to checkout and your purchase of the products.
By using the website or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the ‘terms’). We reserve the right to make changes to the terms at any time. Our new terms will be displayed on the website, and by continuing to use and access the website, you agree to be bound by any variation.
These terms are available in the English language only. Nothing in these terms will affect your statutory rights.
For any further information regarding these terms, please contact our Customer Service team.
You are provided access to the website for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any access to, or use of, this website will be in accordance with these terms. Please note that we may suspend your access to the website if you do not comply (or we reasonably believe that you are not complying) with these terms, any other terms or policies to which they refer, or any applicable laws.
You may not use the website or its contents to:
- download or modify the website under any circumstances;
- interfere with or disrupt any network connected to the website;
- gain unauthorised access to other computer systems owned by Harrods Group;
- for any purpose which is unlawful.
In addition, you may not, in relation to the website, use any:
- data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools;
- framing techniques to enclose the trademarks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats that we use on the website;
- meta tags or any other ‘hidden text’ that uses our name or trademarks
Using the website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trademarks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it.
We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, or any of the functions of the website and the server, will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs, or compatible with any other software or material. The website is provided ‘as is’. Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk.
Please note: if you choose to access the website from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where applicable.
2.2. Ownership, Use and Intellectual Property Rights
This website and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any content, are owned by Harrods Limited. Intellectual property rights means rights such as copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind, whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any legal rights in the website other than as necessary to enable you to access the website. You agree not to adjust, circumvent or delete any notices contained on the website (including any intellectual property notices), or any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained in the website.
2.3. Hyperlinks and Third-Party Sites
The website may contain hyperlinks or references to third-party websites other than the website. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third-party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not mean that we endorse the third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third-party website may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party website.
3.1. Eligibility to order
You must be over 18 years of age and:
- provide us with your real name, contact information and payment details when creating an order;
- provide us with a delivery address;
- possess a valid payment method that works on our website.
3.2. Order Acceptance
All orders placed on the website are subject to acceptance in accordance with the following:
- You will be given the opportunity to confirm the details of your order, including your address and payment details, prior to completing your order.
- When you place an order, we will send you an acknowledgement email to let you know that we have received your order. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance.
- We will send you a confirmation email to confirm that your order has been dispatched for delivery. This is confirmation and acceptance of your order.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your order will be delivered within 30 days of confirmation of your order. Where we are unable to deliver your order within this period, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
- Once you press the ‘Pay Now’ button, you have given us permission to process your order as requested.
We may be unable, or refuse, to accept your order because:
- one or more products in your order are unavailable;
- we are unable to process payment for your order, or your chosen payment method has been refused;
- we have identified a pricing or product description error;
- your order fails to meet the requirements of local import restrictions or requirements at your delivery destination.
- you fail to meet our order eligibility criteria or have failed to comply with our terms.
If we are unable to accept your order, our Customer Service team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
3.3. Prices, Payment and Charges
- Harrods has subcontracted certain aspects of the website’s operation, including payment processing, to Black & White, a trading division of Farfetch. The specific Farfetch entity procuring such payment processing services will depend on your location. If you are located in the USA, Farfetch.com US LLC will procure the payment processing services; if you are located anywhere else in the world, Farfetch UK Limited will procure the payment processing services. Farfetch UK Limited is a retailer registered in the United Kingdom with the company number 06400760 and VAT number GB 204 0769 35. Its registered office is at The Bower, 211 Old Street, London EC1V 9NR, United Kingdom. Farfetch.com US LLC is a company registered in the USA and its registered office is at 2301, East 7th Street, Suite A–250 Los Angeles, California 90023 USA.
- We take care to ensure products are priced correctly on our website, but occasionally pricing errors may occur. If we have made an error in the price of a product that you have ordered, our Customer Service team will contact you. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it.
- Please note: prices for products on our website may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Offers and promotions may be available online only or in-store only. Please check the terms of the relevant offer.
- If you are viewing the website from the UK, the product prices advertised are inclusive of UK VAT. Delivery costs are not included in the prices and will be charged in addition at checkout.
- Depending on your delivery address, different taxation rules and additional charges may apply. If you are shipping items internationally, you may need to pay import duties upon receipt of the products. We will notify you during the checkout process if import duties are included or if you need to pay them separately. If they are not included, we do not have any control over these charges and we cannot advise on their amount. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes that are not included. Please contact your local Customs office for further information and a ‘landed cost estimate’ before placing your order.
- All credit and debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Should you choose to cancel or return products purchased in a promotion or at a discounted price, you will be refunded for the goods at the price charged at the Checkout. Please note: you are subject to our Returns Policy (see clause 5.4. below) when returning products purchased in a promotion or at a discounted price.
3.4. Product Descriptions, Ingredients and Restrictions
- We do not guarantee that the product images you see on our website are an accurate representation; occasionally, colours may differ from the images shown on the website due to your computer/device screen resolution or settings. For further information on products prior to making a purchase with us, please contact our Customer Service team.
- All products are subject to availability at the point of purchase. Once a product is sold out, it will be taken off the website and may not be available again. If any products you order are out of stock, we will contact you so that you can cancel the whole or part of your order.
- Substitutions will only be made with your prior consent, with the exception of hampers as stated in clause 5.1. If a replacement product has a higher price, you will be liable to pay for the difference in price. If we are unable to contact you, we may cancel the whole order, or cancel the relevant parts and proceed with the transaction.
- We cannot be held liable for any allergic reactions in relation to the use or consumption of products. For specific information about ingredients and allergies in any of our food products, please refer to the specific product page or contact our Customer Service team.
- You must be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol or products containing alcohol from our website.
4.1. Delivery Options
Our delivery options vary by shipping destination, product and service. Please visit our Delivery and Returns page for further details.
4.2. Delivery Carriers and Time
Deliveries will be carried out by third-party couriers. By placing an order on the website, you agree to the conditions of carriage of our delivery partners. Please refer to their website for full details or see our FAQs.
The estimated delivery date of the products will be stated in your order confirmation email. If you do not receive an estimated delivery date from us, we will deliver the order within 30 days after the date of dispatch. We will try to ensure that your order is delivered by the estimated delivery date; however, there may be circumstances where delivery is delayed because of events beyond our reasonable control. If this happens, we will try and arrange for your products to be delivered as soon as possible; however, we will not be liable for any losses caused as a result of such delay. Please note: there may be occasional delays with delivery due to busier periods such as the Harrods Sale or Rewards promotional weekends. In such instances, our Customer Service team can advise you further on the expected delivery date for your order.
If the product you are ordering contains certain exotic animal skins or fur, and is being delivered outside of Europe, your delivery will take longer (by approximately 20 days on top of the destination’s standard delivery time), as we have to obtain licences for the export and import of the products in accordance with international treaties.
In certain circumstances, our delivery partner may offer alternative delivery options, including provides the following options: signature release – opting out of the requirement to provide a signature on delivery; and/or leave with neighbour – redirecting the delivery to a neighbour (‘On Demand Delivery Service’). By selecting to receive your order via one of these options the On Demand Delivery Service, you acknowledge and agree that we are neither responsible or liable for any loss or damage that may result from this service.
4.3. Proof of ID
For some orders, products may require proof of ID upon delivery.
4.4. Delivery Restrictions
Please note: we are unable to deliver certain products outside of the UK (such as alcohol, beauty and fragrance, wood products, and perishable items). These restrictions are subject to change dependent on a number of factors, including local import restrictions. Please note: information on delivery restrictions is also shown on individual product pages. We can only deliver to one shipping address per order, including hamper orders.
4.5. Delivery Taxes & Duties
Depending on your delivery address, different taxation rules and additional charges may apply. If you are shipping items internationally, you may need to pay import duties upon receipt of the products. We will notify you during the check-out process if import duties are included. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and we cannot advise on their amount. The payment of any such import duties or taxes is your responsibility. [SO3] Before placing your order, please contact your local Customs office for further information and a ‘landed cost estimate’. Harrods Limited is not responsible for items confiscated or delayed by local Customs authorities.
It is your responsibility to comply with all requirements imposed by the local Customs authority in relation to your order. This may include the provision of identification information in order to receive your order. Before placing an order, we recommend that you make yourself aware of local import duties or other requirements. We will not be liable or responsible if you breach any such laws.
Certain countries may also require other certification or information for your order to be delivered, which may delay your delivery (by approximately seven days on top of the destination’s standard delivery time). Please note: if we are unable to obtain the relevant documentation required for your delivery, we may need to cancel your order.
5.1. Online Returns and Cancellations
Please see Harrods’ Returns Policy in section 5.4 for information on returns and exchanges.
5.2. Returns Pick-Up
We offer a full refund (excluding delivery costs) on any items returned to us within 14 days of the delivery date. For your convenience, we provide a free pick-up service for all returns. Please see our FAQs for further information.
5.3. Order Cancellation
Depending on where you live, you have a legal right to cancel your order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or equivalent consumer legislation in the EU. You are entitled to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt. Please note: your right to cancel does not apply to products listed in Non-Returnable Products.
Once the products are returned to us, you will receive a full refund, including the original delivery costs. You will be liable to arrange and cover the full cost of returning the order to us.
To exercise this right, please contact our Customer Service team. Please ensure that you state clearly that you wish to cancel, providing your order number, your contact details and details of the products you wish to cancel.
If an order has already been dispatched for delivery, please wait until you have received your order before exercising your return rights.
5.4. Refunds of Shipping and Duties
While we offer free returns for all orders, the original delivery cost won’t be included in your refund. Please note: if you return an item, the taxes and import duties will be refunded to you if they were originally included in the purchase price. If they were not included, you will be responsible for reclaiming duty directly from your local Customs office.
5.5. Harrods Returns Policy
In addition to your statutory rights, Harrods offers the following rights of return:
Unwanted products may be returned for a refund or exchange if they are returned unused and in their original condition. Please note: the removal of security tags will be taken as evidence of a product’s use by you; the product cannot be returned in these circumstances.
Refunds will be provided against the original form of tender, except for in-store purchases of the following, which will be refunded as a Gift Card: jewellery, watches, Sale items and special orders.
If through your handling the products have decreased in value, we may deduct the amount of such loss from the amount reimbursed to you. If you are returning your product by post, please include your personal details and the best way for us to get in touch with you; otherwise we will be unable to process your refund.
Refunds and exchanges on purchases made on an event day or with other promotional discount will be calculated at the reduced price. Where a complimentary gift has been issued with a purchase, the gift must also be returned.
Subject to your cancellation rights under the Rights of Cancellation (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), returns must be made within 14 days with proof of purchase. Returns are subject to the exclusions and restrictions listed below (please see ‘Non-Returnable Products’ below). If you need to return large or heavy items, please contact our Customer Service team.
Purchases made during our Christmas or Summer Sale periods may be subject to different returns policies. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
Please contact our Customer Service team to arrange a return for a product purchased in one of our airport stores.
If you believe your products are faulty, please contact our Customer Service team.
This policy may be changed from time to time at our discretion.
The following products cannot be returned:
- Products that are personalised, bespoke, altered or otherwise made to your specification
- Perishable goods (including food and beverages, and some hampers)
- Beauty products, fragrances and pharmaceutical products
- Certain accessories (hosiery and pierced earrings)
- Underwear, nightwear and swimwear, unless the protective adhesive strip is still in place and the item is in a saleable condition
- Mattresses, divans (where they come as part of a set with a mattress), duvets, mattress toppers/protectors or pillows
- Pharmaceutical products
- Any other products designated as non-refundable at the time of purchase
In addition to the list above, the following items cannot be returned for purchases made in-store at Harrods, Knightsbridge or at one of our airport stores:
- Fur items and exotic skins
- Limited-edition items
- Millinery, scarves, and hair accessories
- Certain homewares (beds, bedding and purchases from Halcyon Gallery)
Please note that special Terms and Conditions apply regarding returns of furniture. Please contact our Customer Service team for further information.
Refunds and exchanges will not be permitted for purchases made in-store on Sale purchases after the last day of the applicable Sale.
6.1. General Information
- All hampers, including those from our Christmas range, are itemised and described in detail on the website and in the catalogue.
- All items shown are subject to availability. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, an item in a hamper or gift box needs replacing, the substitution will be of equal or greater value. Packaging presentation may vary; please check the product pages for details.
- Props such as glassware, cutlery and decorative accessories used for photographic purposes are not included unless otherwise stated. Some packaging may vary to that shown in the picture. All hampers are fully itemised and fairly described on the website and in the catalogue, so please read the contents lists carefully. Please note: ribbons are not included. All wines are 75cl and spirits are 70cl unless stated otherwise.
6.2. Delivery and Returns
- See our Delivery and Returns page for details on hamper shipping options.
- Delivery options may vary for Christmas hampers; please refer to our catalogue for more information.
- Hampers, food and perishable goods are non-returnable, except in relation to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected.
6.3. Care Instructions
- Please carefully check the contents of each hampers and product ingredients before placing an order.
- By placing an order for a hamper, you thereby accept responsibility for following the care instructions as marked on product labels.
- Please note: all perishable hampers and gift boxes are marked as such on the website and in the catalogue. It is the recipient’s responsibility to refrigerate the perishable components.
7.1. Gift Cards
- Gift Cards can be used as a payment method for purchases made in-store only.
- The balance of a Gift Card may be used until either it is fully depleted or the Gift Card has expired. The Gift Card will be deactivated after 24 months of non-use.
- Harrods Limited is not responsible for lost, stolen, expired or damaged Gift Cards.
- If there is any remaining balance on a lost, stolen, expired or damaged Gift Card, we may, at our discretion, be able to transfer this balance onto a new one.
- We cannot be held liable for any unauthorised use of lost or stolen Gift Cards prior to their cancellation. Please note: any balance transferred onto a new Gift Card will have the value of those unauthorised purchases deducted accordingly.
- Gift Cards are Non-Refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Refunds for returns on purchases made using a Gift Card will be issued to a new Gift Card.
- The maximum purchasing value of Gift Cards on our website is capped at £5,000. To purchase a Gift Card with a value that exceeds this amount, please contact our Customer Service team.
7.2. Gift Messages
- You are responsible for the content of gift messages and we accept no liability for any incorrect spellings or typographical errors.
- We reserve the right to refuse messages or to discontinue access to the gift message service at any time, entirely at our own discretion and without liability to you.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen: for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or resale purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest of the contract will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any parts of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- These terms are governed by English law and legal proceedings should be brought to the appropriate courts. You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Unresolved disputes are handled by an independent body. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is a process where the independent body considers the facts of a dispute and produces a written determination which is binding on Harrods, meaning that you do not need to go to court. The ADR scheme is free for consumers to use. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the Government approved ADR provider we use. You can submit a complaint to RetailADR (previously the Retail Ombudsman) in writing (at RetailADR, 12–14 Walker Avenue, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes MK12 5TW), by email ([email protected]) or by phone (+44 (0)20 3540 8063). Please note: disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
*This product is a Charge Card, meaning that unlike a Credit Card balance, its balance needs to be paid in full every month. A £150 annual fee will automatically be charged to your Harrods American Express Card Account upon the opening of your Account, and thereafter annually upon the anniversary of your Account opening date. The 1,000 Harrods Rewards welcome points will be applied to your Account once you have been approved for the Card and can take 6-8 weeks to be applied to your Account.
The Harrods American Express Charge Card is offered by American Express Services Europe Limited registered office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Applicants must be 18 years old or over. Approval of your application for a Harrods American Express Card Account is subject to your status.
1. Points are not earned in Harrods on the purchase of gift cards and other services. Please visit www.harrods.com/rewards-tcs for further details.
2. Points are earned for every £1 spent and charged to your Card per transaction. Points are not earned on returned purchases, cash withdrawals, American Express travellers' cheque purchases, foreign exchange and other Account charges.
3. Complimentary Discovery Hamman experience is limited to one per 12-month period starting from your Card anniversary date for the primary Card holder only.
4. Subject to availability.
5.You must purchase goods in-store and online using your Harrods American Express Card and must enter your Harrods Rewards Card number online at the point of checkout. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
6. These events are subject to availability.
The information in this email is correct as of Tuesday 25th February 2020. Full terms and conditions regarding this Charge Card can be found at americanexpress.co.uk/harrods under ‘IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS’. Promoter: Harrods Limited 87-135 Brompton Road, SW1X 7XL
1. This offer is available on all purchases made on harrods.com ("Website") where the nominated delivery address is within the United Kingdom, and, from 20 April 2020, where the purchase is to the value of £50 or more only (“Qualifying Purchase”). The offer will be available whilst the Harrods physical outlets are closed or unless otherwise notified on the Website.
2. Customers who make a Qualifying Purchase will receive free UK standard delivery on their Qualifying Purchase. Customers will also be able to use the free returns service available on the website on Qualifying Purchases.
3. This offer will not be valid on purchases made in-store or by telephone through Harrods Customer Services.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or to terminate this offer at any time.
5. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer (including 10% days).
6. Save as expressly amended in these terms for the purposes of this offer, the Website terms and conditions (including details of non-returnable products and other exclusions set out therein) shall apply. Please see https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/delivery-and-returns/delivery for full details.
7. Nothing in this offer or these terms is intended to or shall limit or restrict any consumer rights in relation to faulty goods.
8. The Promoter of this offer is Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL ("the Promoter").