By using our website or placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) and the documents referred to within them. We reserve the right to modify these T&Cs at any time.
References to “Harrods”, “we”, “us” are references to Harrods Limited, a company registered in England (company number 00030209), with registered offices at 87/135 Brompton Road, London, SW1X 7XL and VAT number 629 273 423, or another company within our group (where applicable).
If you have any questions about Harrods Rewards or Mini Harrods, please see our Harrods Rewards FAQs.
In the event you have a complaint regarding a product or service purchased from Harrods, please contact our Customer Service team.
A PDF copy of our previous Terms and Conditions can found here for orders made on or before 25 April 2017.
Shopping At Harrods
You can shop with Harrods in the following ways:
- By visiting our Knightsbridge store (In-Store Purchases);
- By placing an order on Harrods.com (Online Orders); or
- Ordering by phone (Phone Orders), either:
- By calling our Customer Service team to place an order online (Online Phone Orders)
- By calling our Knightsbridge store to place an order directly with the relevant department (In-Store Phone Orders).
Depending on how you place your order, different terms and conditions may apply (for example, the processes for deliveries and returns).
If you place an Online Order for delivery outside the UK, the terms set out in International Orders below shall also apply.
Online Order Process
By placing an Online Order or an Online Phone Order with us, you confirm that the information you provide is true, accurate and complete in all respects. By placing an order you confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
The steps required for a binding contract between you and Harrods are outlined below:
- You place an order for products or services:
- a. Online Orders: when you press the 'Pay Now' button at the end of the online checkout process.
- b. Online Phone Orders: a member of our Customer Service team will ask you to confirm that you wish to place the order.
- You will be given the opportunity to confirm the details of your order, including your address and payment details, prior to completing your order.
- When you place an order, we will send you an acknowledgement email to let you know that we have received your order. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance. We will request pre-authorisation against your payment card at this stage.
- We will send you a confirmation email to confirm that your order has been dispatched for delivery. This is confirmation and acceptance of your order. Your payment card will be charged on dispatch*.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your order will be delivered within 30 days of confirmation of your order (please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information on our standard delivery times). Where we are unable to deliver your order within this period, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
- We may contact you if we cannot accept your order, which may be the result of (i) the products not being available, (ii) there is a problem with your payment method, (iii) there has been a pricing or product description error on the website, (iv) we are unable to deliver the products due to local import restrictions or requirements at your delivery destination or (v) you don’t meet our eligibility to order criteria or are in breach of any of the T&Cs or other law.
- The contract will be concluded in English.
- *Please note that for delivery of hampers, payment will be taken at the time you place your order.
Prices And Payment
We accept payment by American Express, JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit, Harrods Gift Cards and PayPal (and other card providers as provided by Harrods from time to time) in a number of currencies. Please see our FAQs for a full list of the payment methods accepted and accepted currencies.
However, for Online Orders delivered to the UK, we only accept payment in UK Pounds Sterling. If you choose to pay using a payment card with a foreign currency-denominated account for a UK delivery, the payment will be taken in UK Pounds Sterling. Your payment card issuer will then convert the UK Pounds Sterling value, using their foreign exchange rates.
All prices shown on the website are inclusive of local VAT or sales taxes applicable to your selected delivery destination, where applicable. In addition, for orders delivered outside the UK, local import taxes may be applied to your order and these will be shown at checkout. If you have not chosen your delivery destination, prices shown will be inclusive of UK VAT only (for full information please refer to Delivery below).
We take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and payment secure. However, unless we are fraudulent or negligent, we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of any unauthorised access to this data by a third party.
For Online Orders delivered outside of the UK your contract is with our partner, Borderfree Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Ireland with registered office at 51/52 Fitzwilliam Square West, Dublin 2, Ireland, (company number 513271 and VAT number IE3226345BH) (Borderfree) and are subject to Borderfree’s terms and conditions (International Orders).
International Orders may be subject to local taxes, import duties or other local requirements.
All In-Store Purchases or Phone Orders placed for delivery outside of the UK are not with Borderfree. Your contract is with Harrods. Please note that any hamper orders (including Online Orders) placed during the Christmas period (which runs between mid-September and around the end of December) are also placed with Harrods. Please see Delivery below for information on how this affects the payment of local import taxes on your order.
For more information on hampers, please see Food Products, Hampers, Alcohol and Knives below.
Different delivery policies and options apply depending on how you place your order and where your order is being delivered. Please visit the Delivery & Returns page or our FAQs for further information.
Deliveries will be carried out by third party couriers, however please note:
- For all deliveries of In-Store Purchases, any Phone Orders, and UK deliveries of Online Orders, your contract for delivery is with Harrods (Continental) Ltd (a company registered in England, with company number 00156158, and registered office at 87/135 Brompton Road, London, SW1X 7XL).
- For deliveries of Online Orders outside of the UK, your contract is with Borderfree (please see International Orders).
Please note that we are unable to deliver certain products outside of the UK (such as alcohol, knives, beauty and fragrance, wood products, and perishable items). For a full list of these products please see Delivery & Returns. This list may be subject to change, including for reasons of local import restrictions in your chosen delivery destination. Information on delivery restrictions is also shown on individual product pages.
For Online Orders delivered outside the UK*, local import taxes will be applied to your order at checkout by our partner Borderfree (for full information on Borderfree please refer to International Orders). For other orders to be delivered outside the UK (In-Store Purchases and any Phone Orders) where your contract is with Harrods we are unable to calculate local import taxes and it is your responsibility to pay for these in order to receive your order. Harrods is not responsible should local Customs confiscate your products or charge any import duty on your products. *This excludes any hamper orders during the Christmas period – please refer to International Orders for more information.
It is your responsibility to comply with all requirements imposed by local Customs authorities in relation to your order (including requirements regarding the provision of identification information in order to receive your order). We recommend that you make yourself aware of local import duties and any other requirements before placing your order.
If the product(s) you are ordering contain(s) certain exotic animal skins or fur, and are being delivered outside of Europe, your delivery will take longer (by approximately 20 days on top of the destination's standard delivery time), as we have to obtain licences for the export and import of the products in accordance with international treaties. Certain countries may also require other certification or information in order for your order to be delivered, which again may delay your delivery (by approximately 7 days on top of the destination's standard delivery time). If we are unable to obtain the relevant documentation required for your delivery, we may need to cancel your order.
For information on the delivery of hampers, please see Food Products, Hampers, Alcohol and Knives below.
In addition to your Statutory Rights, Harrods offers the following rights of return:
Unwanted products may be returned for a refund or exchange if they are returned unused and in their original condition. Please note that the removal of security tags will be taken as evidence of use of a product by you and the product cannot be returned in these circumstances.
Returns must be made within 14 days with proof of purchase and are subject to exclusions and restrictions that are listed below (please note Non-Returnable Products below). If you need to return large or heavy items, please contact our Customer Service team.
Refunds will be provided against the original form of tender (except for the following items for In-Store Purchases, which will be refunded as a Gift Card: jewellery, watches, Sale items and special orders).
If the products have decreased in value due to the way you have handled them, we may deduct the amount of such loss from the amount reimbursed to you. If you are returning your product by post, please include your personal details and the best way for us to get in touch with you, otherwise we will be unable to process your refund.
Refunds and exchanges on purchases made on an event day or with other promotional discount will be calculated at the reduced price. Where a complimentary gift has been issued with a purchase, the gift must also be returned.
For Online Orders, please refer to the returns section of our Delivery & Returns pages. For information on your cancellation rights under the Rights of Cancellation (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), please see the Rights Of Cancellation section below.
Purchases made during our Christmas or Summer Sale periods may be subject to different returns policies. Please refer to FAQs for further details.
Please contact our Customer Service team to arrange a return for a product purchased in one of our airport stores.
If you believe your products are faulty, please contact our Customer Service team.
This policy may be changed from time to time at our discretion.
The following products cannot be returned (whether bought online, by phone or in-store):
- products that are personalised, bespoke, altered or otherwise made to your specification
- perishable goods (including food and beverages, and some hampers)
- beauty products and fragrances
- certain accessories (hosiery and pierced earrings)
- underwear, nightwear and swimwear, unless the protective adhesive strip is still in place and in a saleable condition
- mattresses, divans (where they come as part of a set with a mattress), duvets, mattress toppers/protectors or pillows
- pharmaceutical products
- newspapers and magazines (unless bought on subscription)
- any other products designated as non-refundable at the time of purchase
In addition to the list above, the following items cannot be returned for In-Store Purchases:
- fur items and exotic skins
- limited-edition items
- millinery, scarves, and hair accessories
- certain homewares (beds, bedding and purchases from the Halcyon Gallery)
Please note that special terms and conditions apply regarding returns of furniture on In-Store Purchases. Please contact our Customer Service team for further information.
Refunds and exchanges will not be permitted for In-Store Purchases on Sale purchases after the last day of the applicable Sale.
In-Store Purchases and In-store Phone Orders can be returned to our Knightsbridge store either in person or by post (by sending the product back to Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL).
Online Orders and Online Phone Orders delivered to the UK should be returned in any of the following ways within 14 days of cancellation.
- By using the free returns label in your parcel and posting the product at your local Post Office;
- By visiting our Customer Service team in our Knightsbridge store; or
- By using your own courier to return the products to: Harrods Online Returns, TVDC – Harrods, Mill Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4AL
For returns of Online Orders delivered outside of the UK, please contact our Customer Service team.
Rights Of Cancellation (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013)
You are entitled to cancel your Online Order or Phone Order within 14 days after the day on which you receive your order (this right does not apply to In-Store Purchases). Please note that your right to cancel does not apply to products listed in Non-Returnable Products above.
To exercise this right for Online Orders and Online Phone Orders, please contact our Customer Service team (by phone, or via post or email). Please ensure that you provide a clear statement that you wish to cancel together with your order number, your contact details and details of the products you wish to cancel. Please refer to Delivery & Returns for details on how to return your order.
To exercise this right for In-Store Phone Orders, please contact the department where you made the purchase (by phoning the store, post or via email). For additional help, please contact our Customer Service team.
Prior to returning your products to us, you are obliged to keep and take reasonable care of them.
If an order has already been dispatched for delivery, please wait until you have received your order before exercising your cancellation rights.
If your order is an Online Order and is to be delivered outside of the UK and you wish to cancel, please contact our Customer Service team.
Product Descriptions, Pricing And Availability
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products on our website are accurate and kept up to date. We do not guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation; for example colours may differ from the images shown on the website due to your computer/device screen resolution or settings.
Errors may sometimes occur in our pricing. If we have made an error in the price of a product you have ordered, we will contact you. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price, or the order will be cancelled. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Offers and promotions may be available online only or in-store only. Please check the terms of the relevant offer.
All orders are subject to availability. Once a product is sold out, it will be taken off the website and may not be available again. If products that you order are out of stock we will contact you and may cancel the whole or part of your order. Substitutions will only be made with your prior consent (with the exception of hampers; see Food Products, Hampers, Alcohol and Knives below). If a replacement product has a higher price, you will be liable to pay for the difference in price. If we are unable to contact you, we may cancel the whole order or the relevant part of the order and process the remainder of the order at our discretion.
Gift Cards And Gift Messages
Gift Cards can be used for full or part payment for products and services for In-Store Purchases, Online Orders and Phone Orders. Gift Cards will expire 24 months after the date of purchase.
Harrods is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards. If there is any remaining balance on a lost, stolen or damaged Gift Card, Harrods may be able to issue you a new card. However, Harrods will not be liable for any unauthorised purchases using the Gift Card prior to the cancellation of the card. We cannot transfer the balance of a Gift Card onto another Gift Card.
Gift Cards are non-refundable. Refunds for returns on purchases made using a Gift Card will be issued to a new Gift Card.
A maximum of five Gift Cards may be purchased in one Online Order.
You are responsible for the content of gift messages and we accept no liability for any such content. We reserve the right to refuse to send messages or to discontinue access to the gift message service at any time entirely at our own discretion and without liability to you.
Food Products, Hampers, Alcohol and Knives
For specific information about ingredients and allergies in any of our food products, please contact our Customer Service team.
Harrods is restricted from delivering hampers to certain countries outside of the UK. Please see the International Delivery section of our Delivery & Returns pages for full details.
If it is necessary, we may substitute a product within a hamper. The replacement product will be of equal or greater value than that which it replaces.
Alcohol and Knives
You must be over 18 years old to purchase alcohol or knives.
Electrical And Electronic Equipment
With effect from July 2007, the UK's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (SI 2006 No. 3289 - 11 December 2006) ("WEEE Regulations") require that all producers and distributors of electrical equipment are obliged to pay for recycling of household electrical goods, where previously this bill was met by councils or items were not recycled at all. These regulations also require that all retailers both actively assist in delivering a UK wide WEEE collection infrastructure and encourage the participation of consumers in recycling electronic equipment.
Pursuant to our obligations as a distributor under the WEEE Regulations, we have opted to become a full member of the Distributor Take-Back Scheme (DTS). Membership of the DTS delivers exemption from the requirements of Regulation 42 (to ensure that WEEE from private households can be returned to him free of charge and on a one-to-one basis) and Regulation 45(1) (maintenance of records).
As a member of the DTS, we have made a financial contribution toward the development of the network of Designated Collection Facilities (DCFs). This financial contribution has been used to improve the WEEE collection facilities located at Local Authority Civic Amenity sites. Please note that we do not offer in-store take back of WEEE.
Electronic waste is one of the fastest growing waste streams and much of it can be recycled and resources recovered to make new consumer goods. To remind consumers of the collection methods available, which in turn allow recycling to take place, all electrical items sold now carry the "crossed out wheeled bin" symbol below. To ensure that your waste electronics do not damage the environment, please use www.recycle-more.co.uk and recycle today.
Please note that not all council sites are suitable to collect all types of waste electrical goods. To find your nearest participating site (including other collection facilities that may not be operated by the council) and for advice on all aspects of recycling at home, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk.
You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these T&Cs by you or by any other person accessing the website using your account and/or your personal information.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products and services offered by Harrods. This does not affect your Statutory Rights as a consumer.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for (i) any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) any special or indirect losses, suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these T&Cs. Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any right for any breach of these T&Cs.
If any of these T&Cs shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining T&Cs.
These T&Cs govern our relationship with you. You agree that you have not relied on any representation outside of these T&Cs. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these T&Cs. Nothing in these T&Cs shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation.
These T&Cs shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
In the event that you have a complaint regarding a product or service purchased from Harrods, please contact our Customer Service team.
In the event that our Customer Service team are unable to resolve your complaint, and you are not satisfied following the conclusion of our complaints handling procedure, you may refer the matter to RetailADR (previously the Retail Ombudsman), which is a Government-approved alternative dispute resolution scheme. Harrods is a member of RetailADR and follow their Scheme Rules, which means that we will be bound by their decision.
You may contact RetailADR:
- in writing at RetailADR, 12-14 Walker Avenue, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TW;
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by phone on +44 (0)20 3137 8268.
If your complaint is regarding an Online Order, the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform is available at webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr. Please note that complaints submitted to the EU platform will be directed to RetailADR.
Your Use Of The Website
We reserve the right to vary these T&Cs from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. Our new terms will be displayed on the website and by continuing to use and access the website following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
The website is for your personal and non-commercial use only. You agree that you are solely responsible for:
- all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the website; and
- keeping your password and other account details confidential.
The website is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the website from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We seek to make the website as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the website, please contact us at email@example.com and/or use the website accessibility tools available set out in our Accessibility Statement.
You may not use the website or its contents:
- to download (other than page caching) or modify the website, or any portion of it;
- to interfere with or disrupt any network or website connected to the website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the website by any other person;
- for any purpose which is unlawful.
In addition you may not, in relation to the website, use any:
- data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- framing techniques to enclose the trademarks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the website;
- meta tags or any other "hidden text" which uses our name or trademarks.
Using the website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trademarks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it.
We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The website is provided "as is". Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk.
Ownership, Use And Intellectual Property Rights
This website and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the website other than as necessary to enable you to access the website. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the website (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the website.
Hyperlinks And Third Party Sites
The website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the website. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse the third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Free Delivery/Returns Promotion – United States Delivery Addresses Only
- This offer is available on qualifying purchases made on harrods.com ("Website") and will be available whilst advertised on the Website only.
- To make a qualifying purchase, customers must make a purchase on the Website to the value of at least US$ 300 to be delivered to a delivery location in the United States ("Qualifying Purchase"). Please note that Hampers are expressly excluded from this offer and will not constitute, nor contribute towards, a Qualifying Purchase.
- Customers who make a Qualifying Purchase will receive free delivery and free returns on their Qualifying Purchase.
- This offer will not be valid on purchases made in-store or by telephone through Harrods Customer Service.
- To arrange for the free return of their Qualifying Purchase, customers must contact Customer Service on 0333 300 1000(UK) or +44 (0)20 3626 7020(International) within 14 days of receipt of their Qualifying Purchase, (and provide proof of purchase). Customers will not be reimbursed any costs of returning their Qualifying Purchase pursuant to this offer where they have not contacted Harrods Customer Service in accordance with this condition 5 and/or have not followed Harrods Customer Service instructions in relation to such return.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or to terminate this offer at any time.
- Save as expressly amended in these terms for the purposes of this offer, the Website terms and conditions (including details of non-returnable products and other exclusions set out therein) shall apply. Please see www.harrods.com/delivery-and-returns/uk-delivery for full details.
- Nothing in this offer or these terms is intended to or shall limit or restrict any consumer rights in relation to faulty goods.
- The Promoter of this offer is Harrods Ltd (No.30209), Registered Office: 87-135 Brompton Road, London SW1X 7XL ("the Promoter").